Called Foodbuy.Com: Internet GPO Takes Aim at $3 Billion Revenue Goal
- WITH NEW CAPITAL INFUSION: Foodbuy.com hits $700M, adds Army club program. // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p8
Reports that Foodbuy.com has achieved its group purchasing volume and secured additional venture capital for funding an Internet group purchasing organization in the United States. Cost of its purchasing volume; Amount of its funding.
- TO AID 1,000 MEMBERS: Consorta links with Foodbuy. // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p6
Deals with the agreement reached by Consorta Catholic Resource Partners with Foodbuy.com, an electronic commerce and information management services provider. Terms of the agreement; Purpose of the agreement.
- UNDER COMPASS-FOODBUY AGREEMENT: CHEFS DRIVE PURCHASING. // FoodService Director;11/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p28
Focuses on the outsourcing agreement between the Compass Group PLC and Foodbuy LLC. Benefits of the agreement to chefs within Compass Group's various operating sectors; Key hurdle facing the company in boosting compliance.
- Tech briefs. // Food Management;Feb2001, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p26
Presents updates related to the food industry & state as of February 2001. Focus of Instill Corp. on supply chain management; Introduction of the Smart Campus Access solution by Schlumberger Test Transactions; Deal between Foodbuy.com and Empire State Restaurant & Tavern Association.
- Envisioning a Virtual Marketplace. Lawn, John // Food Management;Oct99, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p6
Comments on the future of foodservice purchasing in the United States. Bob Myhr and Scott MacLellan's formation of Internet-based firm, Foodbuy.com; Service-providing entity in foodservice; Attempt to migrate the traditional purchasing model to the world wide web; Firm's acquisition of...
- Foodbuy.com: Evolving to Meet Industry Needs. // Food Management;Jun2000, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p28
Presents a company profile of United States-based Foodbuy.com. Launch of the company to serve the food service industry; Company's affiliation with Affiliated Purchasing Services Inc.; Plan for the expansion of some of the company's services.
- MORRISON INVESTS IN .COM. // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p32
Reports that Morrison Management Specialists is partnering with Foodbuy.com to initiate and develop an Internet-based purchasing strategy. Investment of Morrison Management Specialists in the dot com; Reason for partnering with Foodbuy.com; Expectation of Morrison Management Specialists from the...
- Foodbuy concocts a winning recipe with lean marketing. Frook, John Evan // B to B;04/24/2000, Vol. 85 Issue 4, p3
Focuses on food industry-related business-to-business electronic commerce firm Foodbuy.com in the United States. Company background; Acquisition of Affiliated Purchasing Services Inc.; Focus on the company's competitors.
- WITH NEW FOODBUY VENTURE: Compass outsources buying. // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p28
Reports that Compass Group has outsourced foodservice purchasing for its North American operating units with Foodbuy LLC. Goals in the endeavor; Factor that led to the initiative; Vision of Compass.