With $2.1 Mil. Grants: Philip Morris Funds MOW
- Philip Morris Inc. MacLachlan, Suzanne; Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;6/8/95, Vol. 87 Issue 135, p2
Reports on Philip Morris Inc. agreeing to Justice Department ruling to remove cigarette advertising from sports stadiums and arenas. Details.
- Marlboro man scouts sites for new corporate offices. Fleischer, Jo // Fairfield County Business Journal;04/08/96, Vol. 35 Issue 15, p7
Reports on Philip Morris Cos. Inc.'s search for an office building to house its corporate headquarters in Connecticut. State's efforts to recruit the company.
- Doral spending to corral share. Warner, Fara // Brandweek;8/23/93, Vol. 34 Issue 34, p4
Discusses the impact of Philip Morris USA's advertisement campaign on Doral discount brand from R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co. Spending levels; Price value brand image; Continuity program.
- P-M wholesaler program aimed to net greater share. Warner, Fara // Brandweek;3/28/94, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p1
Reports on Philip Morris (P-M) USA's Wholesale Masters incentive program. Promotional cash rewards for real-time sales data and percentage of sales commitments of wholesalers; Filing of sales figures to P-M; Cash give-backs; Premium share.
- Slims starts label, tour. Benezra, Karen // Brandweek;11/11/96, Vol. 37 Issue 43, p3
Reports that Philip Morris Cos. Inc.'s Virginia Slims brand is launching its own record label to promote female artists. 10-city concert tour; On-pack promotion bundling a free CD with cigarettes.
- Philip Morris offers sportswear for packs. // Advertising Age International;Jan1998, p2
Reports on Philip Morris Cos.' launching of a controversial promotion in department stores in Beijing, China that offers Marlboro brand sportswear in exchange for empty Marlboro packs. Fashion items included; China's strict regulations on television and print advertisements for liquor.
- Philip Morris reports first quarter gain. // Candy Industry;May98, Vol. 163 Issue 5, p10
Reports that Philip Morris Cos. Inc. has experienced a nine percent increase in the 1998 first quarter underlying net earnings. Sales growth for the company's Korona chocolate.
- Philip Morris' smoke signals. Benson, Barbara // Crain's New York Business;12/13/93, Vol. 9 Issue 50, p3
Reports on the effects of Philip Morris Companies Inc.'s plan to cut its workforce by 8 percent. New discount policy of the company on cigarettes; Advertising budget; Agencies affected; New York's cultural and non-profit groups.
- Philip Morris Companies, Inc. sponsor Bill of Rights tour; Observes 200th anniversary. // Jet;10/1/90, Vol. 78 Issue 25, p6
Looks at the 50-state Bill of Rights tour sponsored by Philip Morris Companies, Inc. An advertising campaign celebrating the Bill of Rights' 200th anniversary, featuring prominent black Americans.