- Keep poles straight by using proper backfill. Irwin, Patricia // Electrical World;Aug98, Vol. 212 Issue 8, p35
Studies the proper installing of electrical poles, stating that installation crews must use the proper backfill material and compaction techniques to keep embedded transmission poles standing straight. Requirements of these tasks; Identification of the backfill material which should be used;...
- 6 Electricity Towers Erected out of 9 Destroyed by Miscreants in Narabad, Balochistan. // Economic Review (05318955);May2010, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p37
The article reports on the erection of some electricity towers that have been destroyed by miscreants at Chattar Flouji District Naseerabad in Quetta, Pakistan.
- Paint towers properly. Vivona, Tony // Electrical World;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 213 Issue 5, p37
Focuses on the proper painting of electric power transmission towers. Safe painting; How well the flyash coating work; Finding qualified crew; Inspection. INSET: Flyash improves transmission tower paint..
- Shocking Creations. // Scholastic DynaMath;Sep2012, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p2
A quiz related to power lines is presented.
- Cover page. // Harpur Palate;Winter2010, Vol. 9 Issue 2, preceding p4
A painting that depicts two electric line posts and various wastes is presented.
- The Fall and Rise of Catskill Fire Towers. Profous, George // New York State Conservationist;Aug99, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p6
Focuses on the Catskill Fire Tower Restoration Project in Ulster County, New York. Factors which contributed to the waves of forest fires in both the Catskill and Adirondack forests; History of the Catskill state fire towers; Details on the restoration program.
- Utilities Make Tradeoffs When Selecting Pole Types. Stewart, Andy // Transmission & Distribution World;Jun2003, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p78
Reports on electric utilities' perceived advantages of various pole materials. Characteristics and capabilities; Design issues; Environmental characteristics.
- Electricity pylons to get a make over. // Engineer (00137758);6/6/2011, Vol. 296 Issue 7818, p7
The article reports that the government of Great Britain has launched a competition for redesigning of electricity poles.
- Thinking. // Highlights;Aug2010, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p24
The article presents information on utility poles, electric power lines, and the special clothing and equipment used by workers repairing and installing utility poles.