The Fall and Rise of Catskill Fire Towers
- Downed Power Pole Disrupts Power and Phone Services. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);7/12/2007, Vol. 111 Issue 28, p1
The article reports that a downed power pole at the corner of Spring and Stadium Drive in Grand Saline, Texas disrupted power and phone services on July 5, 2007.
- Parting SHOT. Clement, Marc // Transmission & Distribution World;Jun2010, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p56H
Several photographs of restoration work for replacing an electric pole by linesmen after a storm are presented.
- Squeezing dollars out of steel towers. Brown, Colin // Transmission & Distribution World;May98, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p64
Examines the field tests conducted by Integral Energy, Huntingwood, New South Wales, Australia to reveal the conditions of the remaining lattice steel towers. Strength of a steel tower; Description of the pull-over tests conducted; Selection of towers; Results of the field tests; Below-ground...
- Lasers take the guesswork out of sags, clearances. // Electrical World;Aug95, Vol. 209 Issue 8, p26
Talks about the ways to measure sag and ground clearance for a single transmission line span for uprating a transmission line to its maximum capacity. Use of laser range-finder for the purpose; Its anatomy and working.
- Here comes the landlord. // Electrical World;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 214 Issue 2, p30
Features the capabilities of the pole inspection system developed by Pennsylvania Power & Light Co. (PP&L) of Allentown, Pennsylvania. Goal of PP&L to improve its effectiveness in maintenance and repair management; Potential increase in revenue brought by an efficient and accurate pole...
- Support pilings get new life. Clarke, Dennis; Beaty, Wayne // Electric Light & Power;May94, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p29
Reports on the encapsulation of the support pilings of Virginia Power's transmission line crossing the James River in Virginia. Corrosion discovered in the steel piles; Use of a modified FX-70 System from Fox Industries in the encapsulation.
- Power outage was separate from explosion on poles. Brown, Nathan // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;6/7/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 134, p3
The article reports on the two electric poles blowouts on Helen Street in Saranac Lake, New York.
- Pole Inspections to Begin in Kissimmee, Florida. // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;1/8/2015, p14
The article reports that the annual utility pole inspection program of Kissimmee Utility Authority started on January 5, 2015 in Kissimmee, Florida aimed to ensure the stability of the utility's wood transmission and distribution poles
- New techniques improve field analysis of wood-pole condition. // Electrical World;Apr97, Vol. 211 Issue 4, p20
Discusses techniques used by electric utilities for analyzing the wood-pole condition of electric power lines. Software program, PoleCalc, developed by New York State Electric & Gas Corp.; X-ray and electrical resistance measurement techniques developed by Hydro-Quebec of Canada; Causes of...