A GRAPHICAL METHOD TO EVALUATE EXPOSURE-RESPONSE RELATIONSHIPS IN EPIDEMIOLOGIC STUDIES USING STANDARDIZED MORTALITY OR MORBIDITY RATIOS
- Introduction. Lawrence, Reva; Moshell, Alan; Safavi, Kayvon; Stern, Robert // Journal of Investigative Dermatology;Jun94, Vol. 102 Issue 6, p3S
The article presents a general framework on dermatology. Among the broad array of dermatologic conditions, almost none have been subjected to descriptive and analytic epidemiologic studies. Little reliable data providing basic descriptive knowledge about the incidence, prevalence, temporal...
- INFECTIOUS HEPATITIS. Blitz, Oscar // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug1959, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p163
Presents clinical information on infectious hepatitis. Epidemiology; Pathogenesis; Physical diagnosis of the disease; Mortality associated with the disease.
- Absceso cerebral. Alvis-Miranda, Hernando; José Gutiérrez-Paternina, Juan; Alcalá-Cerra, Gabriel; Milena Castellar-Leones, Sandra; Rafael Moscote-Salazar, Luis // Revista Cubana de NeurologÃa y NeurocirugÃa;2013, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p162
Objective: To review the epidemiology, etiology, physiopathology, diagnosis and the treatment of brain abscess according to the current available evidence. Evidence acquisition: References were identified by PubMed search of last five years publications with English term: "Brain abscess"....
- Crimean Congo haemorrhagic fever: an overview. Prakash, Anupam; Singh, N. P. // Indian Journal of Medical Specialities;Jan2011, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p1
The author discusses Crimean Congo haemorrhagic fever (CCHF), a severe condition which has a fatality rate of 9-50% in hospitalised patients. The author says that the haemorrhagic fever was first identified as a syndrome in the 12th century in Tajikistan, and was assumed that the transmission is...
- Trends in event rate and case fatality of patients hospitalized with myocardial infarction between 1984 and 2001. Cox, Jafna L.; Bata, Iqbal R.; Gregor, Ronald D.; Johnstone, David E.; Wolf, Hermann K. // Canadian Journal of Physiology & Pharmacology;Jan2006, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p121
Between 1984 and 1993, prevalence and case fatality of hospitalized acute myocardial infarction (AMI) had declined in the population of Halifax County. We aimed to determine whether these trends continued into the 21st century by investigating patient characteristics, treatment methods, and...
- VITAL STATISTICS: Pancreatic cancer. // Independent Nurse;9/20/2010, p6
No abstract available.
- How Would You Code These 2 RAI Manual Examples at J1100: Shortness of Breath (dyspnea)? // MDS Alert;Nov2011, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p123
A quiz related to coding RAI Manual Examples at J1100: Shortness of Breath is presented.
- Call for Abstracts for Epidemiology Late-Breaker Sections. // American Journal of Public Health;Jun95, Vol. 85 Issue 6, p770
This article presents a call for abstracts for epidemiology late-breaker sessions of the Epidemiology Section.
- Epidemiological Studies of Environmental Exposure and Specific Diseases. Gardner, Martin J. // Archives of Environmental Health;Mar/Apr88, Vol. 43 Issue 2
Focuses on the epidemiological studies on environmental exposure and diseases. Inclusion of different epidemiological approaches to environmental health studies; Insufficiency of epidemiological methods of investigation; Need for environmental and biological exposure monitoring.