Taking the Show on the Road
- Around the Country. // Natural History;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 120 Issue 7, p44
The article presents a list of exhibitions at natural history and science museums in the U.S. as of July 2012, including "Echoes of the Past: The Buddhist Cave Temples of Xiangtangshan," "North American Indian Cultures," and "Creatures of Light: Nature's Bioluminescence."
- Voyage of Engagement. Vitali, Vanda // Natural History;Apr2005, Vol. 114 Issue 3, p41
Provides information on an exhibition on the collapse of ancient societies to be held at the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County, California on May 1, 2005.
- Creativity among the relics. Watson, Traci // U.S. News & World Report;11/8/93, Vol. 115 Issue 18, p74
Reports on the move by the nation's science and natural history museums away from the traditional mission of preserving and displaying relics into the business of teaching basic science to kids. Often target poor students in inner cities or isolated regions; Museums want to enhance the...
- Around the Country. // Natural History;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 119 Issue 7, p44
Several reviews of science museums exhibitions are offered such as "Dinosaur Hall" at the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County, "Forces of Nature" at Arizona Science Center in Phoenix, Arizona, and "Whales: Giants of the Deep," at The Field Museum in Chicago, Illinois.
- HISTORY AND SCIENCE MUSEUMS. // New York;1/15/2007, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p74
A directory of history and science museums and exhibits is presented, including "New York Divided: Slavery and the Civil War" at the New York Historic Society, "Yellowstone to Yukon" at the American Museum of Natural History, and "A Rakish History of Men's Wear" at the New York Public Library.
- SOME GREAT DINOSAUR EXHIBITS. // World Almanac for Kids;2004, p59
The article looks at museum exhibits of dinosaurs in the United States. The Academy of Natural Sciences in Philadelphia has a new dinosaur hall, and Giganotosaurus is the star. The American Museum of Natural History in New York City has the biggest collection of dinosaur fossils in the world,...
- Museum Events. // Natural History;Apr2005, Vol. 114 Issue 3, p70
Presents a list of exhibitions at the American Museum of Natural History in 2005. "Totems to Turquoise: Native North American Jewelry Arts of the Northwest and Southwest"; "The Butterfly Conservatory: Tropical Butterflies Alive in Winter"; "Exploring Bolivia's Biodiversity."
- African reflections. // American Visions;Feb1991, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p12
Presents a brief description of an exhibit entitled `African Reflections: Art from Northeastern Zaire' which documents the northeastern Zaire region. Size of the exhibition; Video and documentary; Other museums that have contributed to the exhibit.
- Is the truth out there? // In Britain;Jul98, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p10
Announces the Myths and Monsters exhibition at the Natural History Museum in Great Britain. Features and attractions at the exhibit; Venue and schedule of the exhibition.