Shoot More Ducks
- SMALL SPREAD SUCCESS. Spilger, Jarrod // Waterfowl & Retriever;2010 Northern Edition, p32
The article presents author's suggestions on how to spread decoy for waterfowl shooting. He catergorises small spread concept into three sub-categories including mini-spreads, micro-spreads and non-existent spreads. He states that even downsizing decoy spread can produce great results if one...
- Something's NOT Right. Hart, David // Southern Sporting Journal;Oct2003, p26
Presents pieces of advice on hunting ducks and geese. Tips on placing decoys; Importance of decoy appearance and motion; Suggestions on a hunter's concealment through camouflage.
- LATE-SEASON DUCKS. W. B. // Field & Stream;Dec2010/Jan2011, Vol. 115 Issue 8, p104
The article offers suggestions on how to hunt ducks by using decoys. It states that to hunt a mallard one can make a setup of a cornfield and use plenty of decoys. It suggests to use goose flag to attract ducks. It mentions that one can use divers or dabblers to hunt sea-duck species. It...
- The Minimalist Waterfowler. Ruzzo, Brian // Outdoor Life;Sep2009, Vol. 216 Issue 8, pWB1
The article presents information and suggestions related to waterfowl hunting. As suggested, a dozen magnum decoys will help get a person noticed, especially by high-flying flocks of teal. It is also advised that one should set the teal decoys at the back of the hole, since teal tend to land...
- Advanced placements. Hall, Richard // Outdoor Life;Nov95, Vol. 196 Issue 5, p44
Focuses on the use of combination decoy spreads for mixed-bag waterfowling. Spread arrangements in snow goose country; Canada goose country.
- WATERFOWL BUYER'S GUIDE. // Mossy Oak's Hunting the Country;Fall2005, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p122
Features waterfowl hunting equipment. Hand-made game calls from Brock Outdoors; Layout boat model from Kitco Inc.; Flapp'n Goose decoy from OpenZone; Mustang Survival Hunting and Fishing Gear from Wind N Wave.
- Deceptive Decoy Tactics. Johnson, M. D. // Mossy Oak's Hunting the Country;Fall2004, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p46
Presents an article on employing decoy tactics in duck hunting. Importance of scouting; Tips on choosing a decoy; Impact of the movement of a decoy spread on its overall effectiveness.
- CUT IT OUT. Bourjaily, Philip // Field & Stream;Sep2004, Vol. 109 Issue 5, pWF15
Homemade silhouette goose decoys are perfect for filling out a standard spread or as an alternative for hunters who don't have the space, or perhaps the budget, for shells and full-bodied dekes. So follow the steps below to make your own feather-light decoys out of corrugated plastic. Beg or...
- SPICING UP YOUR Canada Goose SPREAD. Johnson, M. D. // Mossy Oak's Hunting the Country;Fall2005, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p66
Presents information on the arranging of fake Canada geese by hunter Fred Zink. Factors that affect the success of goose hunting; Advice on the use of decoys; Importance of motion in attracting geese.