Psychosocial influences on adolescent sexuality and identity in rural Kenya
- Identifying types of sex conversations in adolescent health maintenance visits. Alexander, Stewart C.; Christ, Sharon L.; Fortenberry, J. Dennis; Pollak, Kathryn I.; Østbye, Truls; Bravender, Terrill; Shields, Cleveland G. // Sexual Health (14485028);2016, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p22
Unlabelled:Background Physician-adolescent sexuality discussions are a recommended element in health maintenance visits, but such discussions - if they occur at all - probably vary by adolescents' characteristics and situations, and physicians' personal beliefs and training....
- Adolescent Sexuality. // American Medical Association Family Medical Guide;2004, p454
The article focuses on the important role of parents in educating the teenagers about the latter's sexuality. It is important for parents to talk with their children about relationships, including the roles of sex, self-respect, and love. Also, the more knowledge adolescents have about sex the...
- VYRESNIÅ²JÅ² PAAUGLIÅ² LYTIES TAPATUMO IR TÄ–VÅ² AUKLÄ–JIMO STILIAUS RYÅ I. // Socialinis Darbas;2010, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p135
No abstract available.
- Untitled. // New Yorker;12/22/1975, Vol. 51 Issue 44, p92
An excerpt from Abigail Van Buren's column regarding sexually-active teenagers published in the "Pittsburgh Press" newspaper in 1975 is presented.
- Adolescentes e sexualidade: Contributo da educaÃ§Ã£o, da famÃlia e do grupo de pares adolescentes no desenvolvimento da sexualidade. Dias, Ana Cristina; Rodrigues, Manuel Alves // Revista de Enfermagem ReferÃªncia;jul2009, Issue 10, p15
The purpose of this study was to make a contribution to the study of adolescents' sexual attitude in the context of its correlation with the following variables: Â«sexual educationÂ», Â«ageÂ», Â«parent-child relationshipÂ» and Â«peer relationshipÂ». This was a quantitative,...
- Adolescent Sexuality and Peer Pressure. Duncan-Ricks, Elizabeth N. // Child & Adolescent Social Work Journal;Aug92, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p319
It appears that adolescents are becoming sexually active at younger ages than in past generations. How much are they influenced by their peers to become sexually active? A study of 89 adolescent girls in a parochial high school in Manhattan showed that adolescent girls are influenced by their...
- Our Program: A Christian Political Manifesto. Baird, James Douglas // Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies;2016, Vol. 28 Issue 1/2, p179
No abstract available.
- Teen Pregnancy Update. // National Women's Health Report;Special2006, p10
The article focuses on the reasons why the incidence of teen pregnancy in the U.S. has decreased since 2003. It is argued that teenagers engage in less sex and more contraception. Teenagers are also concerned about HIV and AIDS. Changes in attitudes about casual sex include being cautious in...
- AAP Report on Pregnancy in Adolescents. Coughlin, Laura // American Family Physician;10/1/2005, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p1398
Presents a clinical report on the state of adolescent pregnancy in the U.S., published by the American Academy of Pediatrics. Percentage of adolescents who are sexually active; Frequency of contraceptive use among adolescents; Birth rate in the U.S. due to teenage pregnancy; Medical...