THROUGH THE WIRE
- Showdown in Chi-Town? Paskowski, Marianne // Multichannel News;5/5/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p44
Focuses on an annual fundraising event held by the Cable television operators in New York in the year 2003. Attendees at the Multichannel News' third annual Wonder Women lunch; Organizations that hosted the event.
- CABLE'S WINNING PERFORMANCE. // Multichannel News;10/1/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 38, p11
The article lists the winners for the Emmy awards of several cable networks in the U.S.
- For cablers, a showcase of credibility. Hettrick, Scott // Hollywood Reporter;9/8/95, Vol. 338 Issue 44, p43
Looks at the strong showing of cable television networks at the 1995 Emmy Awards. Nominations as a showcase of credibility for cable networks; HBO as the dominant figure; Importance of Emmys to cable networks.
- Moguls on Moguls. // CableFAX Daily;4/3/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 63, p1
Highlights the SkiTAM event of the cable industry that was held in March 2006 in Vail, Colorado. Number of guests who attended the event; Purpose of the fundraising event; Awards won by Turner and Comcast Networks.
- And a little child shall lead them. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/27/97, Vol. 127 Issue 44, p93
Editorial. Comments on the fund raising event sponsored by Nickelodeon cable television network to help poor children in the United States.
- Cable Positive. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;2/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p45
Reports the finances and operations of Cable Positive group in the U.S. Amount generated from fundraising; Endowment to public education; Donations to local AIDS service organizations.
- CableCares L.A. Donated $225K. // Multichannel News;6/21/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p48
The article reports that CableCares has raised more than 225,000 dollars in charitable donations during the Cable Show of the cable industry in Los Angeles, California on May 11-13, 2010.
- MBC Plans Telethon for Hurricane-Damaged Town. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;09/11/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p12
Reports on the plan of minority-owned cable channel, the Major Broadcasting Cable (MBC) Network to broadcast a six-hour telethon in support of Princeville, North Carolina, the first town in the United States founded by freed slaves. Total amount targeted to be raised by the MBC to help the town...
- Children's group to help Nickelodeon collect toys. // New York Amsterdam News;11/23/96, Vol. 87 Issue 47, p32
Reports that ten members of Girls Incorporated of Stamford will aid the needy on November 23rd, 1996, by collecting toys and clothes for a New York community agency as part of their participation in Nickelodeon's Big Help Day, 1996. Ages of the children; Information on the television network,...