PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- Calendar. // Multichannel News;5/28/2012, Issue 22, p17
A calendar of events in the U.S. in 2012 is presented including the Fourth Annual On Demand Summit on June 20, the Mid-America Cable Association Mid-America Cable Show from September 5-7, and the Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) Leadership Conference from September 10-11.
- DENVER'S TECH FEAST: A GUIDE. // Multichannel News;10/26/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 40, p29
The article offers information on several expositions for the cable television industry which include the Marketing Summit of the Cable and Telecommunications Association and the Cable-Tec Expo 2009 of the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) to be held Denver, Colorado.
- Gender Equity: An Economic Must. Mosley, Benita Fitzgerald // Multichannel News;12/1/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 47, p25
The article reports on the 24th annual Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) Benefit Gala held in Washington, D.C., on November 20, 2008. Part of the event is the giving of prestigious awards to outstanding cable operators and programmers. It also discusses the role of women in business, and...
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;2/23/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p22
A calendar of events related to cable television industry for the U.S. area from February to April 2004 is presented which includes the winter national conference National Cable Television Cooperative, annual gala of Paley Center for Media and the 2009 We Media Conference.
- Business to Drive Growth. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/6/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p21
Information about the topics discussed at a panel discussion at the Cable Show that was held in the U.S. in 2009 is presented. Topics include the unfairness of cable valuations, wireless services are the new growth engine, satellite competition is not growing fast. Panelists of the discussion...
- Infocus. // Telephony;12/09/96, Vol. 231 Issue 24, p12
Presents news updates concerning telecommunication in the United States for the week ending December 9, 1996. Increase in the services offered by cable companies; Holding of the 1996 Western Cable Show in Anaheim, California.
- Telcos in a strange land. Karpinski, Richard // Telephony;11/29/93, Vol. 225 Issue 22, p7
Opinion. Comments on the 1993 Western Cable Show's readiness for a new age in telecommunications. Levels of telephone companies' (telcos) attendance; High-technology network gadgetry featured in the trade show floor; Hint on the relationship between telcos and cable; Western Show's live,...
- Content, competition and combinations. Bernier, Paula // Telephony;12/5/94, Vol. 227 Issue 23, p7
Discusses what telecommunication carriers would need before they can be able to deploy interactive video equipment on a broad basis. Standardization and marketing needs; Excerpts from the speeches of telecommunication executives during the 1994 Western Cable Show.
- Cable 2002 to focus on tech's cutting edge. // CED;Apr2002, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p18
Focuses on the topics to be covered in the 'Cable 2002' conference. Consideration of cable and telecommunications technology; Presentation of technical papers; Speakers of the conference.