CBS Sheds Radio Outlets
- Small change. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/2/2003, Vol. 381 Issue 26, p15
Time Warner Inc.'s (TW) decision to sell its challenged Warner Music Group Inc. (WMG) to a consortium led by Edgar Bronfman Jr. was one of the few hot industry topics on Wall Street during the shortened Thanksgiving work week, with analysts mostly debating the financial and strategic value of...
- CBS sells radio stations. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;10/12/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 9, p5
The article reports on the selling of seven radio stations by CBS Corp. to private equity firm Wicks Group of Cos. LLC at a price of $138 million in the U.S. The stations will include FM stations such as KFKF, KBEQ, KMXV, KCKC, WLVQ, WHOK and WAZU. According to Wicks Group, the purchase is...
- The Ride's Over for CBS. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/29/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p27
Reports on the sale of Santa Clara, California-based Paramount Parks amusement park by CBS Corp. to Cedar Fair LP. Cost of the deal; Objective of CBS for divesting its Paramount Parks units across the country; Plan of CBS to sell its radio stations in 10 markets.
- CBS Paring Assets, Says Moonves. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/29/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 22, p34
Reports on the plan of CBS Corp. to sell a number of its radio stations in small or midsize markets as of May 2006. Worth of theme parks sold by the company; Statement from president/CEO Leslie Moonves on the plan of CBS for a stock buyback to raise share price; Comment from Moonves on the idea...
- Eye sells Fla. radio stations. // Daily Variety;4/11/2012, Vol. 315 Issue 7, p4
The article reports on the deal of CBS Corp. to sell its five radio stations in West Palm Beach, Florida.
- Fever FM acquire Aaha 91.9 FM in Chennai. // Adgully;10/14/2015, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of Aaha 91.9 FM radio station in Chennai, India by Fever FM which was branded Fever 91.9 FM and taps into emerging cultural and entertainment trends of the region.
- CBS to sell outdoor arm. // Campaign;1/25/2013, Issue 3, p10
The article reports that CBS Corp. is pursuing the selling of its outdoor business in Europe and Asia.
- Analyst Reif Cohen Bullish on Content. Farrell, Mike // Broadcasting & Cable;12/5/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 45, p12
The article reports on the statement of media analyst Jessica Reif Cohen of Bank of America Corp. Merrill Lynch that the advertising industry has been saved by the retransmission consent revenue.
- Analyst: Bundles Will Be 'Pruned'. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;10/26/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 38, preceding p8
The article reports on the views of media analyst Jessica Reif Cohen on the need to alter the video bundle service due to the increasing popularity of subscription video-on-demand services, over-the-top offerings and a trend of thinner video packaging.