PROGRAMMERS SINK THEIR TEETH Into On Demand
- TVN Catches New Channel. Lewis, Christina // Multichannel News;4/2/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p21
The article reports that U.S.-based TVN Entertainment Corp. has rolled out its seventh video-on-demand channel called Caught on Demand. The channel offers footage of police chases, burglaries and other extreme behavior recorded by surveillance cameras, police cruisers and cellular telephones. It...
- AmericanLife Launches VOD Offering. // Multichannel News;9/3/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 35, p26
The article reports that the AmericanLife TV Network has offered video-on-demand programming to any of TVN Entertainment Corp. cable affiliates. Programs fall into this service are classified into Classic TV, Caring and Sharing TV, Cooking and Living TV, Cooking and Living TV, and Lifestyle TV....
- THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT: VTV NOW ON-DEMAND. // Cable World (10427228);7/14/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p28
Presents information on video-on-demand (VOD) programming offered by Varsity Television (VTV). Features of the VOD package; Comments from Joe Shults, president of VTV; Deal of VTV with TVN Entertainment.
- Covering both sides of the VOD fence. Baumgartner, Jeff // CED;Dec2002, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p46
Focuses on the video-on-demand services by TVN Entertainment Corp. in California. Content of digital VOD; Establishment of Automated Digital Online Network Scheduling System; Development of language programming and subscription VOD titles on the company.
- Schools Get Free Pass to Experience unitedstreaming. // T H E Journal;Aug2004, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the unitedstreaming standards-based digital video-on-demand (VOD) delivery system that U.S. public schools can experience through the unitedstreaming VOD Pass initiative of Discovery Education, a division of Discovery Communications Inc. Benefits offered by the initiative to U.S....
- Cutbacks Hit Discovery, TVN. Moss, Linda; Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;1/31/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p3
Reports on the dismissal of employees at Discovery Networks U.S. and TVN Entertainment Corp. in the U.S. in January 2005. Number of employees who were dismissed at Discovery Networks; Reason of TVN for reorganizing the company; Plans of Discovery Networks U.S. in 2005.
- Digital Content Express Suite (DCXP). Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;11/27/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p22
Features the end-to end content management system, Digital Content Express Suite (DCXP) of the TVN Entertainment Corp. in Burbank, California. Presence of cable headends eager to provide first-run pay-per-view movies; Creation of the system based on the cable operators' distribution preferences...
- TVN's MSO Client List Grows. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;3/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p37
Reports the business plan of TVN Entertainment Corp. to fill the complex video-on-demand needs of cable operators through deals in the U.S. Commitment to provide delivery and asset-management products to three multiple-systems operators; Completion of trial agreement with Comcast Corp.; Use of...
- Insight Taps TVN to Pump Up VOD Titles. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/11/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p53
Reports the negotiation of Insight Communications Co. with content provider TVN Entertainment Corp. for Video-On-Demand (VOD) offering in the U.S. Plan to launch subscription of VOD product; Anticipation of increase on the number of available VOD titles; Product offerings on SVOD by Insights.