- IPG Platform Gains Major Advertisers. Cheng, Kipp // Adweek Southeast Edition;7/23/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p5
Reports on the advertisers that are venturing in the interactive program guide of Gemstar-TV Guide, an Internet company based in New York. Clients of the company; Audio-visual products and services offered; Forecasts on the profits of the company.
- Guiding the interactive change. Battista, Richard // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/14/2006, Vol. 397 Issue 1, p12
The article presents an interview with Richard Battista, CEO of Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. Battista said that the world of guidance in television and media has become more important than ever. According to Battista, one of the major themes for relaunching the Web site...
- Gemstar posts $1.3 bil loss in Q4. Sperling, Nicole // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/1/2003, Vol. 377 Issue 52, p4
In certified earnings release of the company Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. since it underwent a massive management overhaul in 2002, the Pasadena, California-based company posted in Aril 2003 a widened fourth-quarter loss because of a significant decrease in assets. The company took steps...
- Gemstar will restate revs. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;1/24/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 17, p6
Reports on the plan of Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. to restate its financial revenues for the past three fiscal years in the U.S. Cash impact of the restatements; Effects of the initiative on the licensing fees and advertising sales of the company; Views of financial analysts on the...
- Bulletin board. // Advertising Age;9/4/1995, Vol. 66 Issue 35, p14
The article presents updates related to interactive media. A 24-hour news service has been launched by CNN on the Web that includes video, sound clips and maps. Accredited online classes are being offered by America Online, including a three-credit-hour computer programming course from Michigan...
- Mapping Path to the Unified Unknown. Arlen, Gary // Multichannel News;4/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p36
Presents news briefs related to cable television industry in the U.S. as of April 28, 2003. Plan of Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. to provide navigation tools for interactive program guides; Envison of Stern Telecommunications Corp. of New York that its patents when licensed can be...
- TECH BRIEFS. // Electronic Media;12/2/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p10
Presents news related to electronic media as of December 2, 2002. Acadia certification received by on-demand guide for the Motorola DCT2000 digital set-top platform of Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc.; Partnership between GlobeCast News, Reuters Support Services and Reuters News to provide...
- Gemstar Bitten By Accounting Bug. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);4/8/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 14, p30
Reports on accounting error committed by Gemstar-TV Guide International in its 2001 earnings results relased in March 2002. Accounting techniques employed by Gemstar; Performance of the stocks of the company; Views of analysts on the issue.
- Gemstar doubles first qtr. profit. // Daily Variety;08/16/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 52, p16
Reports the increase in the profit of Gemstar-TV Guide Intl. for the fiscal first quarter of year 2000 in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California.