Storming Into Retail
- CTV NABS MUSIC KUDOCAST. Tillson, Tamsen // Daily Variety;8/28/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 62, p2
Focuses on the licensing agreement of the National Web CTV for the Juno Awards in Toronto, Ontario.
- Russia's TV6 dealt another blow. Holdsworth, Nick // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/15/2002, Vol. 371 Issue 36, p14
Reports the invalidity of the licence used by TV6 in Russia. Announcements for new bidders to liquidate the company; Prevention of disruption of broadcasts; Transfer of the license to the station's journalists.
- MAINLAND MOVEMENT. Ghahremani, Yasmin // Daily Variety;1/10/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 5, p64
Reports on the granting of limited landing rights to American television company Bloomberg Television in mainland China. Terms in the license; Advantage of the landing rights for the company; Speculations on the impact of the license on the financial status of the company.
- Showtime signs to share 'Isaak' with sister VH1. McConville, Jim // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/11/2001, Vol. 369 Issue 48, p7
Reports on the purchase of VH1 of the rights to the original series 'The Chris Isaak Show' from Viacom sister network Showtime. Implications of the Showtime-VH1 deal; Terms of the agreement; Factor persuading Showtime to do the deal with VH1.
- MGM's cable upgrade. Brennan, Steve; Andreeva, Nellie // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;04/25/2000, Vol. 362 Issue 39, p1
Reports on the expanded licensing agreement of MGM Television Entertainment with cable network, Showtime for the exclusive pay television rights to all of MGM's feature films until December 2008. Renegotiation of the agreement; Value of the deal; Goal of Showtime to partner with two major studios.
- SAG DEAL ON STREET. // Daily Variety;3/6/2012, Vol. 314 Issue 46, p4
The article reports that the Screen Actors Guild (SAG) has entered an agreement with TV Land in the U.S. in March 2012 to use the shows made by the latter's King Street Productions.
- Wrangle between cablers, operators hits new high. Dempsey, John // Variety;4/15/2002, Vol. 386 Issue 9, p24
Deals with the antagonism between cable television networks and operators in the U.S. over the issue of license fee increases. Examples of license disputes between cable networks and operators; Prospects of the strategy conceptualized by Turner Network Television on resolving the issue.
- SHOWS EXPLORE NEW WORLD OF TOUCHPOINTS. POGGI, JEANINE // Advertising Age;8/6/2012, Vol. 83 Issue 29, p2
The article discusses merchandising of licensed products branded with the names of television programs by television and cable television networks. Licensed products marketed by cable television networks Comedy Central, Animal Planet and FX are discussed. Licensed products of programs broadcast...
- The American Dream on cable. Cardinal, Denise // Las Vegas Business Press;12/16/96, Vol. 13 Issue 50, p11
Focuses on home shopping cable network QVC's selection of small business products from Las Vegas, Nevada. National exposure of commercial products; Quality considerations for products.