FINDING (AND KEEPING) NECESSITIES
- Katrina Update. // CableFAX Daily;9/12/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 176, p3
Focuses on the relief efforts of cable television programmers and operators to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina. Information on relief supplies being provided by CommScope to the Gulf Coast; Total number of working hours spent by Cable One employees; Amount donated by S-A to relief efforts.
- Katrina Update. // CableFAX Daily;9/15/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 179, p2
The article presents news briefs on the cable television industry in the U.S. as of September 15, 2005. Charter Communications has made contact with its employees in areas affected by Hurricane Katrina. The Federal Communications Commission extended the deadline for broadcast stations to elect a...
- BRACING FOR THE NEXT Storm. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;5/29/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p13
Focuses on the efforts of Cox Communications New Orleans to restore its cable television service in Louisiana following the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. Total number of subscribers of the network before Katrina hit on August 29, 2005; Estimated population of Louisiana in the aftermath of...
- Cable One Swap Hits Pothole in Calif. Estrella, Joe // Multichannel News;10/30/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p22
Focuses on the alleged problems at the cable system of Cable One Inc. in California. Impact of the allegations on the plans to swap cable subscribers to AT&T Broadband; Need for Cable One to address the claims on electrical codes violations; Inspection of the cable systems of the company; Fines...
- Charter Inks Pact With Va. Town. // Multichannel News;08/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p18
Reports on the agreement of Charter Communications Inc. with the city council to maintain its cable television franchise in Suffolk, Virginia.
- Charter offers customer perks, system upgrades. Shepherd, Shawn // Business Press;04/16/99, Vol. 11 Issue 50, p3
Reports on steps taken by Charter Communications Inc. to repair the damage to its corporate image done by its much-maligned Marcus Cable operation in Texas. Charter's goal to be recognized as an excellent provider of customer service and high-technology communications; Launch of an external...
- Charter: We're Growing Nicely. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;02/19/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p2
Reports on United States-based cable television company Charter Communications Inc.'s financial performance for the fourth quarter of the year 2000. Increase in operating cash flow; Increase in number of subscribers; Factors affecting the company's financial performance.
- Charter reconnects with Street. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/30/2002, Vol. 373 Issue 12, p13
Reports the financial performance of Charter Communications Inc. List of top executives of the company; Amount of debts; Rank of the company in the cable industry; Figures of the first-quarter loss.
- Charter Small-System Moves Involve Channel Reclamation. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;10/21/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p45
Reports the partial conversion of the smaller cable systems of Charter Communications Inc. into digital signal distribution in the U.S. Efforts the increase cable penetration and reduce losses to direct broadcast satellite services; Factors influencing the decision of the company; Reclamation...