Outdoor's Expedition May Lead to a Sale
- Outdoor Gearing Up. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;8/6/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 31, p25
The article reports that U.S.-based cable television company Outdoor Channel is soliciting systems for its second affiliate program designed to hook digital sales and upgrades among outdoor enthusiasts. The company's campaign has been redefined to reflect lessons learned from the channel's first...
- Where has all the knowledge gone? Gall, Don // CED;Sep2002, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p56
Comments on electronic learning products and consulting services in the cable television sector. How software allows technicians to find the calculated distortions that they should expect at any active location they are troubleshooting; Implications on cable television.
- Cable's Retreat Surprises Analysts. // Multichannel News;6/18/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p8
Presents an interview with cable analysts on the issues faced by the cable industry in the United States. Views of Tom Eagan, a UBS Warburg analyst, on the stocks performance of the industry; Forecasts of Karim Zia, of a merger between Hughes and Echostar; Outlook of Farber on the effect of...
- Kerry Ally: Broadband Needs U.S. Aid. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;4/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p34
Reports on the criticisms made by political campaign consultant Charles Ferguson against the U.S. cable industry. Reason the U.S. lags South Korea and other industrial nations in broadband penetration; Career background of Ferguson; Cable policies Ferguson called for.
- Catering to Those Who Want Their Gun TV. Heintz, Nadine // Inc.;Jul2003, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p30
Reports on the success of Perry Massie's hunting-and-fishing Outdoor Channel in the cable industry. Increase in revenue in 2003; Number of viewers of the channel.
- Competitive Intelligence. Mulvenon, Dan // Communications Technology;Nov2007, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p1
The article reports on National Cable Television Cooperative Inc.'s (NCTC) partnership with other telecommunication companies. Much of NCTC's business falls into one of two broad categories, hardware or programming. An agreement with Pace or Motorola definitely falls on the hardware side of the...
- Outdoor Channel Springs Ahead. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;4/7/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p28
The article reports on the launching of the "Spring Fever" campaigns by the Outdoor Channel company. It aims to expand its outreach efforts to affiliates and has already secured the participation of 320 cable systems serving 14 million subscribers. It had solicited various prizes from its...
- Ba-da-Binghamton: Outdoor and TW Appear to Be Making Progress. // CableFAX Daily;5/25/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 102, p1
Reports on the possible outcome of the negotiations between Outdoor Channel and Time Warner Cable. Impact of the outcome of the negotiations on other divisions of Time Warner that are planning to drop the channel or move it to a digital tier.
- QUICK HITS. // Multichannel News;6/11/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p50
The article presents news related to the cable television industry in the U.S. compiled as of June 2007. Outdoor Channel has recruited Fox Cable Networks veteran Jason Brist to open a new sales office in Chicago, Illinois. Turner Network Television has added five sponsors to its "Wide Open"...