BET Buys Out Internet Backers
- THIS WEEK'S MEDIA NEWS AT A GLANCE. // Media Week;3/4/2008, Issue 1152, p6
This section offers media news briefs as of March 2008. A Â£5.6 billion deal has been completed by News Corp. to sell its stake in the U.S. satellite pay-TV provider, DirecTV, to Liberty Media. Moneysupermarket.com is planning to expand in the U.S. after its profit increased in its first...
- Liberty, News Corp. in talks over stake. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;12/8/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 48, p6
The article reports that Liberty Media Corp. CEO Robert Bennett said that the company has had conversations with News Corp. Ltd. and will likely have more as the two companies look to unwind or otherwise address the huge voting stake Liberty has recently amassed in the Rupert Murdoch conglom....
- NEWS CORP MAY BE MOVING TO DELAWARE, BUT THE STATE'S TOUGH
TAKEOVER LAWS MEAN A RISE IN ITS SHARE PRICE IS UNLIKELY. Deans, Alan // Bulletin with Newsweek;4/20/2004, Vol. 122 Issue 6417, p53
Investors should think twice before buying shares in News Corp. in the belief that the price will rise when its place of incorporation shifts to Delaware, Being U.S.-domiciled will mean that more American institutions can buy the shares, but that doesn't mean they will. Delaware has draconian...
- Fox, Liberty eye baseball first. Flint, Joe; Peers, Martin // Variety;11/6/95, Vol. 361 Issue 1, p86
Reports on projects and ventures planned by the alliance between News Corp. and Liberty Media. Cable package for Major League Baseball; Other sports services in Asia, Latin America and Australia.
- Liberty Looking at Deals That Give It Control. Neel, K.C. // Cable World (10427228);1/13/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the plan of Liberty Media to join News Corp. in a bid to control DirecTV. Plan of Liberty to buy Vivendi Universal Entertainment; Percentage of Liberty's stake at QVC; Loss of its minority investments in Teligent and ICG Communications in 2002.
- JOINT BIRD BID FLIES COOP. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;2/27/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 39, p39
Reports on the decision of Liberty Media Co. and News Corp. to withdraw joint bid for DirecTV Inc. in the u.S. Reasons for the withdrawal; Efforts of raising funds by Liberty; Interest of Liberty in pursuing the deal.
- News Corp., Liberty christen Net. // MediaWeek;7/8/96, Vol. 6 Issue 28, p3
Reports on the global sports alliance between News Corp. and Liberty Media Corp.
- Liberty, News tighten ties. Doman, Matthew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/03/2000, Vol. 365 Issue 3, p106
Focuses on the stock swap of Liberty Media Corp. with News Corp. as of October 3, 2000. Value of the deal; Sale of the Gemstar stocks of Liberty Media.
- A sting for Rupert's fans. Rennie, Philip // BRW;10/21/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p77
Analyzes the course of action taken by a shareholder of News Corp. which decided on a change of domicile from Australia to the United States. Swapping for U.S. shares; Subjection to capital gains tax; Decision of the shareholder to sell his shares in anger; Receipt of a huge, tax-free profit;...