The sky is the limit
- Little guys named � or almost. Sergeant, Barry // Finance Week;6/2/2003, p42
Reports on the transition classification of De Beers Consolidated Mines Ltd.'s customers/sightholders. Number of sights conducted by subsidiary Diamond Trading Corp. per year; Sales performance of De Beers; Number of sightholders to be affected by the transition classification.
- Tanzania. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Aug95, Vol. 196 Issue 8, p22
Reports that the De Beers group is to spend eight million dollars to upgrade Williamson Diamonds' Mwadui mine in Tanzania.
- Minerals are still the bedrock. // African Business;Oct2006, Issue 324, p24
The article provides an overview of the mining sector in Botswana. The country is said to be internationally known as the world's largest producer of gemstone diamonds. De Beers agreed in May 2006 to locate many of its international marketing-related operations into the region through the...
- David Noko. // Finweek;3/8/2008 Supplement, p80
The article profiles David Noko, first African American managing director of De Beers Consolidated Mines Ltd. (DBCM) in South Africa. Noko was born in 1957 and earned a postgraduate diploma from the Graduate Institute of Management & Technology. He replaced the position of Jonaathan Oppenheimer...
- IN AFRICA. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Jun2000, Vol. 201 Issue 6, p14
Presents news items related to the mineral industries in Africa, as of June 2000. Rupert Resources Ltd.'s agreement to purchase a 100% interest in the Crown diamond mine project in South Africa; De Beers/CSO's diamond sales in 1999; Iscor Ltd.'s development of a heavy minerals sands project in...
- WHAT A GEM! Scales, Marilyn // Canadian Mining Journal;Jan2009, Vol. 130 Issue 1, p16
The article focuses on the Victor diamond project in Northern Ontario. General Manager Peter Mah oversees the project. According to the article, one of the challenges he particularly appreciates is the opportunity to play a part in shaping the fledgling Canadian diamond industry for decades to...
- Diamond changes coming. Handley, John // Finance Week;1/1/2001, p108
Presents updates on the mining industry in South Africa as of January 2001. Sales of De Beers Consolidated Mines Ltd.; Formation of Eyesizwe; Investment program of Palabora Mining Co. Ltd.
- Victor's influence spreads. Louiseize, Kelly // Northern Ontario Business;Mar2005, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p31
Reports on the development of a mineral strategy for the diamond exploration activity surrounding Attawapiskat and Kasabonika in Ontario. Establishment of a minerals staging area and the rebuilding of service facilities; Development of a computerized mineral resource information center with...
- Getting their fair share. Louiseize, Kelly // Northern Ontario Business;Mar2005, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p35
Reports on the participation of First Nations communities in tendering contracts for the construction phase of the Victor Mine project in Ontario. Negotiation of First Nations with De Beers Consolidated Mines to be included in business opportunities; Search for companies that are earnest in...