And the SCAB Goes To
- The Grammys: Where's The Relevance? Martens, Todd // Billboard;2/11/2006, Vol. 118 Issue 6, p30
The article comments on the 48th annual Grammy Awards which was held in February 2006 in the U.S. The independent community seems to greet the event with a collective shrug. The telecast serves as a promotional tool for the major labels. The Grammy's relevance to the independent label community...
- Grammys Return To 'Host-Less' Format. Jeckell, Barry A. // Billboard;2/14/2004, Vol. 116 Issue 7, p69
Provides information on the 2004 Grammy Awards ceremony which will be shown on CBS from the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California on February 8. Celebrities who will represent the music industry; Actors who will grace the show; Performers of the show.
- Grammys Soundly Honor Surround. Walsh, Christopher // Billboard;2/5/2005, Vol. 117 Issue 6, p40
Focuses on the best surround album category at the 47th annual Grammy Awards. Impetus for the award, which will be given for the first time; Eligibility for the award; Summary given by Hank Neuberger of Chicago Recording and Third Wave Productions on behalf of the professional audio industry.
- Where the Winners Go. Fuselier, Herman // Offbeat;Mar2009, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p12
The article cites several music recorded at Dockside Studios and won the Grammy Awards in the U.S. Winner of Best Contemporary Blues Album, "City That Care Forgot" gave the studio its seventh Grammy winner and 15th Grammy-nominated album. Grammy winners in the past include B.B. King, James...
- Rappers finally rock the vote at the Grammys. Gallo, Phil // Daily Variety;12/5/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 44, p1
Reports on the announcement of the 46th annual Grammy Awards nominations in Los Angeles, California. Dominance of rap music in the award's major categories; Total number of nominations garnered by Randy Newman; Inclusion of foreign music in the nomination.
- Grammy gear: audio manufacturers on parade. Kontney, Jack // Broadcast Engineering Exclusive Insight;2/24/2012, p4
The article focuses on the recognition of the contribution of audio manufacturers during the Annual Grammy Awards. The Technical Grammy Award is granted by The Recording Academy to individuals and companies who made significant technical contributions to the recording industry. The Grammy gear...
- GRAMMY COMPILATIONS SET. Gallo, Phil // Daily Variety;11/15/2007, Vol. 297 Issue 34, p4
The article reports that "Ultimate Grammy Collection" albums are scheduled to release by Shout! Factory in the U.S. These albums which consist of seven compact discs, will feature winning tracks from four of Grammy Awards' major genres. It is emphasized that each disc will compose of 16 tracks....
- Sanz, Cruz Are Likely Grammy Winners. Cobo, Leila // Billboard;1/10/2004, Vol. 116 Issue 2, p26
Presents predictions on winners of the 2004 Grammy Awards. Best Latin pop album; Best Latin rock/alternative album; Best salsa/merengue album.
- Grammy Predictions: Few Clear Winners. Newman, Melinda // Billboard;2/14/2004, Vol. 116 Issue 7, p13
Forecasts the winners of the Grammy Awards in 2004. Prediction on the song of the year awardee; Artists whose music albums might be awarded; Group that will win the best female pop performance category.