Beware the long flight home
- AAFP Members Can Help Haiti Earthquake Victims Through AAFP Foundation Efforts. // American Family Physician;2/15/2010, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p387
The article reports that the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) Foundation offers its members the opportunity to help the earthquake victims in Haiti through its relief organizations' efforts.
- Quake victims reach help too late to save crushed limbs. Ahmad, Khabir // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;Dec2005, Vol. 83 Issue 12, p889
The article focuses on the lack of medical facilities provided to the October 8, 2006 earthquake victims in Pakistan. Since people were not immediately air-lifted from the affected area to hospital, they suffered crushed limbs and developed many deformities. After the earthquake, the hospital...
- Turkish Leaders Share Pain of Van Quake Victims. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;11/07/2011, p6
The article reports that the senior political leaders and the President of Turkey Abdullah Gul marked the first day of the Kurban Bayram on November 6, 2011 with victims of the earthquake in Van, Turkey. it is mentioned that they were listning to the complaints and were inspecting the...
- EDITOR'S MAIL. Raza, Kokab; Baig, Muhammad Luqman; Pasupati, Amal; Rangupati; Ahmed Malik, Saeed; Rangani, J. P. // Southasia;Aug2015, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p8
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the article "Whither MQM?" in the July 2015 issue and to topics about the resumption of the dialogue between Pakistan and India, and the rehabilitation of the victims of earthquake in Nepal in April 2015.
- Reflections from the end of the Earth: Social work planning, preparation and intervention with evacuees on haemodialysis treatment following the 2011 Christchurch earthquake. Stewardson, Anna C.; Crump, Nicolette // Aotearoa New Zealand Social Work Review;
The February 2011 earthquake in Christchurch caused damage to infrastructure which made it impossible for people with end stage renal failure to have haemodialysis treatment in Christchurch for an undetermined period. Guided by the National Civil Defence Emergency Management Plan (Ministry of...
- Do doctors who volunteer their services in disasters overseas do more harm than good? Tahir, Hasan; Iqbal, Zafar // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);1/28/2006, Vol. 332 Issue 7535, p244
The article describe conditions in Pakistan and the medical care received by people living in the region where the October 2005 earthquake hit. The natural disaster left millions of Pakistanis homeless or orphaned. The authors' comment on the makeshift clinics operated by volunteer doctors who...
- Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation Commits Rs. 2 Crores for Nepal Victims. // India -- West;6/26/2015, Vol. 40 Issue 32, pB24
No abstract available.
- Chicago's Nepali Communities Appeal for Urgent Earthquake Relief. // News India Times;5/8/2015, Vol. 46 Issue 19, p10
The article reports that the Nepali communities in Chicago, Illinois, represented by the Fund Raising Committee for Nepal Earthquake Fund, called for emergency donations as part of the relief effort for surviving victims of the 7.8 magnitude earthquake in Nepal like surgical masks, two-way...
- PUBLISHER S APPEAL. Parikh, Sudhir M. // News India Times;5/8/2015, Vol. 46 Issue 19, p11
The author encourages readers to provide support for the surviving victims of the earthquake in Nepal and India, which has impacted over 8 million people.