Visual loss with erectile dysfunction medications
- Tadalafil. // Reactions Weekly;11/25/2006, Issue 1129, p20
This article presents the case of a man who developed typical migraine aura without headache during treatment with tadalafil for erectile dysfunction. The patient showed symptoms, such as visual impairment, following the treatment procedure. He had not taken tadalafil to address the defect. Some...
- Dietary supplements for erectile dysfunction may contain sildenafil or tadalafil. Fleshner, N.; Harvey, M.; Adomat, H. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/8/2005, Vol. 331 Issue 7520, p786
Mentions the published study, "Evidence for contamination of herbal erectile dysfunction products with phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors," which found that some natural products being marketed contain sildenafil or tadalafil. Indication that these dietary supplements, which claim to be free of...
- Love Potion No. 9.1. Cottle, Michelle // Washington Monthly;Oct98, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p12
Focuses on the implications of the drug Viagra released by Pfizer pharmaceuticals. Statistics on erectile dysfunction; Age of majority of men suffering from erectile dysfunction according to the National Institutes of Health (NIH); Tendency of treating undesirable characteristics as a medical...
- The New `Pill.'. // Heart & Soul;Sep/Oct98, Issue 29, p24
Presents information on Viagra, a drug for erectile dysfunction. Causes of impotency; Effectiveness of the drug; Side effects.
- Sildenafil and the heart: Old questions, new answers. Scheck, Anne // Urology Times;May2000, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p4
Discusses three studies that offer conflicting data on cardiac events related to sildenafil in men with erectile dysfunction in the United States. Details of the studies; Importance of vigilance in the use of the drug and need for a randomized, well-controlled trial on its safety.
- Sildenafil/tadalafil/vardenafil. // Reactions Weekly;5/3/2008, Issue 1200, p28
The article describes the case of three men who developed sudden sensorineural hearing loss (SSHL) after taking sildenafil, tadalafil or vardenafil for erectile dysfunction. Results of the audiogram, otolaryngic examination or audiometric assessment conducted on the patients are presented....
- What goes up must come down. Gallagher, John // Advocate;06/23/98, Issue 762, p60
Warns gay men of the side effects of the anti-impotency pill Viagra. Method by which Viagra cures impotence; Other drugs for which Viagra is contraindicated; Includes protease inhibitors; Incidence of impotence among HIV-positive men; Viagra's futility as an aphrodisiac.
- Sildenafil. // Reactions Weekly;Nov2015, Vol. 1578 Issue 1, p257
The article describes a case report of a 40-year-old man who experienced transient blurring of his vision following prolonged abuse of sildenafil for erectile dysfunction.
- Evaluation of Therapeutic Response of Patients with Erectile Dysfunction. Junuzovic, Dzelaludin; Bajramovic, Sejfudin // Medicinski Arhiv;2009, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p278
Background: All three phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE5) inhibitors for the treatment of the erectile dysfunction have similar efficacy and toxicity profiles. Sildenafil and vardenafil have similar molecular structures, but tadalafil is structurally different, which is reflected in its pharmacokinetic...