Pharmacies receiving massive rebates from generic drug-makers
- RUSHCARD HOLDERS TO RECEIVE PRESCRIPTION-DRUG DISCOUNTS. // CardLine;12/18/2009, Vol. 9 Issue 51, p12
The article focuses on the announcement by UniRush LLC that it anticipates providing about 1 million free prescription-drug discount cards to RushCard prepaid cardholders. It informs that more than 56,000 participating pharmacies nationwide will accept the discount card, which provides 10% to...
- Pharmacies fight back on generic pricing. Smolkin, Sheryl // Employee Benefit News Canada in Brief;11/6/2007, p5
The article reports on the disagreement of the Canadian Association of Chain Drug Stores towards the Competition Bureau's study that the benefits of strong competition in the supply of many generic are not reaching employers and other members of the Canadian public in the form of lower prices....
- Albertsons Cultivates Rx, Grocery Synergies. // Chain Drug Review;8/3/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p99
The article reports on the belief of Albertsons LLC in expanding the synergies underlying the operating pharmacies in food stores. It mentions that the company extended its Albertsons Rx-tra Savings prescription discount program by offering $10.99 for a 90-day supply of over 500 generic drugs....
- Retail cheaper for 90-day prescriptions, Bernauer asserts. Frederick, James // Drug Store News;9/27/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p34
Reports on the capability of drug stores to fill a 90-day prescription for less money than a mail order pharmacy in the U.S. Increase in generics utilization resulting from pharmacist-patient interactions; Knowledge of the pharmacists on the cost of drugs; Generation of cost savings.
- Not exactly what the doctor ordered. Troy, Terry // Dermatology Times;Jan1999, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p14
Focuses on a survey of several pharmacies in Cleveland, Ohio conducted by `Dermatology Times' periodical after receiving complaints that pharmacists substitute generic and over-the-counter products for prescribed medicine. Response of a regional discount drug chain and three national drug...
- Are PBMs making unfair profits on generics? Sipkoff, Martin // Drug Topics;Apr2006 Supplement, Vol. 150, p22s
No abstract available.
- Affordability Propels Rx at Kmart. // Chain Drug Review;8/3/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p88
The article focuses on one of the main goals at Sears Holding Corp.'s Kmart Pharmacy unit in the U.S. which is to help customers in maintaining their minimum spending and be sure that patients get the medications they need. According to a spokesman of the company, Kmart Pharmacy is dedicated to...
- Savings from Generic Prescriptions. Horvitz, Richard A.; Morgan, John P.; Fleckenstein, Lawrence // Annals of Internal Medicine;May75, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p601
Presents a study which surveyed cost savings of generic drugs in retail pharmacies of Rochester, New York. Methods; List of brand and generic drug prices; Results and discussion.
- TOP 200 GENERIC DRUGS BY UNITS IN 2002. // Drug Topics;3/17/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 6, p62
Lists top 200 generic drugs by units in retail pharmacies in 2002. Hydrocodone; Atenolol; Amoxicillin; Furosemide oral; Albuterol aerosol.