Privatization key issue for new CMA president
- Australia's balance between public and private arrangements. Podger, Andrew // Health Affairs;May/Jun2000, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p124
Comments on the search for an appropriate balance between public and private arrangement in health services in Australia. Limited experience in the use of internal market; Social objective of ensuring the ability of consumers to afford high quality health services; Reasons for government...
- Canada's health system needs overhaul, say doctors. Kermode-Scott, Barbara // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);9/1/2007, Vol. 335 Issue 7617, p419
This article looks at the Canadian public health care system and claims by Canadian doctors that the system, which was created in the 1960s, needs some serious updating to expand access and improve patient care. The system funds 98.7 percent of doctor's services and 45.6 percent of drug costs...
- Analyzing organizational practices in local health departments. Studnicki, James; Steverson, Barbara // Public Health Reports;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 109 Issue 4, p485
Comments on the need for a valid performance appraisal system for local health departments. The identification of organizational practices that may be used to assure that the core functions of public health are being executed at local health departments; Study of a local public health unit in...
- A state department of public health. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);8/3/96, Vol. 313 Issue 7052, p285
Focuses on the creation of a central department of public health in Great Britain. Decentralization of public health administration.
- DoH dismisses fears over DTaP vaccines. // GP: General Practitioner;1/28/2002, p2
Reports on the denial by the Department of Health of mismanaging diphtheria, tetanus and acellular pertussis vaccines in England. Defense of the government over allocations of meningitis C vaccine to practices; Concern of general practitioners over the sufficiency of the vaccines.
- If you want to play you've got to pay. Sandrick, Karen // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;7/5/95, Vol. 69 Issue 13, p25
Discusses managing community outreach through partnerships with different groups within the community. Cases; Solution to financial problems; Application to smaller programs; Government grants. INSET: The 10% solution..
- CAPITAL DECISIONS. Cerne, Frank // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;6/5/95, Vol. 69 Issue 11, p33
Offers comments about health care executives who are trying to put together their capital allocation budgets in 1995. Nostalgia about the budgets of the 1970s and most of the 1980s; Attempts to bring balance to the revenue-expense equation; Patient care and cost-effectiveness; Shifts in the...
- Epidemiology in Public Health Practice. Brownson, Ross C. // American Journal of Epidemiology;Oct2011, Vol. 174 Issue 7, p871
The article reviews the book "Epidemiology in Public Health Practice," by A. Haveman-Nies, S. C. Jansen, J. A. M. van Oers, and P. van't Veer.
- HRSA grants for public health administration training. // Public Health Reports;Jan/Feb90, Vol. 105 Issue 1, p108
Provides information on grants for graduate programs and training in health administration to be provided by the United States Health Resources and Services Administration. Institutions receiving grants.