Finding the Right Investors
- Tax-Free Assets Drop $2.76 Billion, Bringing Total to $349.91 Trillion. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/7/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32356, p7
The article reports on the performance of assets in tax-free money market funds in the U.S. Taxable fund assets increased by 10.70 billion dollars during the first week of April 2006 which bring a total assets in the funds of up to 1.68 trillion dollars. Furthermore, the institutional funds...
- ASIAN ELATION! Anderson, James A.; Scott, Matthew S. // Black Enterprise;Feb2004, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p42
Presents the top six Asian-focused mutual funds in Asia as of September 30, 2003. Matthews Asian Growth & Income Fund; Matthews Pacific Tiger; Fidelity Southeast Asia.
- Pitching Everything But Toasters. Creswell, Julie // Fortune;11/23/1998, Vol. 138 Issue 10, p318
Describes how several money market funds are trying to lure investors with giveaways. Warburg Pincus WorldPerks Money Market fund which gives away frequent flyer miles; The United States Treasury Securities Cash fund managed by US Global Investors offer of unlimited check writing; The yield at...
- On the Job. Resnick, Amy // Governing;Oct2003, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p61
Reports on the plan of Texas to borrow money in the public markets to fully fund its unemployment compensation fund. Amount to be borrowed by Texas; Reason for the decision of the state to borrow from the public markets instead of the federal government; Interest rate of the loan.
- Eurozone banks reject US dollar financing, says Fitch. Brennan, Henry // Fundweb;4/10/2012, p15
The article reports on the rating agency Fitch Ratings Ltd., according to which money market funds (MMF) are moving back into primarily French, German and Dutch financial institutions. According to the agency Eurozone banks are counting on funding they feel secure with and some U.S. MMFs no...
- Hedge Funds Don't Like Underperformers. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;6/19/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 25, p1
The article reports that hedge funds have dominated the money market in San Diego, California. Based from the experience of senior vice president of Wendy's, John Barker, hedge funds covered a wide range of their stocks by 23 percent. With the investment firms' increased shares, tighter...
- Tax-Frees Fall Nine Basis Points to 1.80%. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;7/8/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32170, p6
Reports that tax-free money market funds' average yield fell nine basis points during the week ended July 4, 2005 on an annualized basis in the United States.
- Late exodus spoiled year for funds. Nickerson, Kira // Money Marketing;1/31/2008, p8
The article reports on the rise in retail fund outflows as recorded by the Investment Management Association (IMA) in Great Britain. According to the article, there have been a steady flow of funds activity for 2007 except for November and December, wherein outflows became visible. In addition,...
- Tiny Yields, Big Demand. Briggs, Amanda // Financial Planning;Aug2003, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p24
Talks about the performance of money market funds during the first week of July 2003. Increase in taxable institutional money market fund assets; Rise of assets at tax-free institutional funds; Reasons for the inflow.