B. Riley Pushes Way Into Middle Market M&A
- Morgan Stanley Consolidates Private Wealth Group. Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Jan2002, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p20
Reports that Morgan Stanley has combined its United States ultra-wealthy client unit with its international private client group to form Morgan Stanley Private Wealth Management. Number of staff employed by the company; Information on the group's management team; Goal of Morgan Stanley.
- Regulators Split on New Laws for Investment Banks. Sloan, Steven // American Banker;6/20/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 119, p3
The article reports that the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) favors a government program to watch investment banks. Their opinion was influenced by the U.S. Federal Reserve Board's decision to rescue Bear Stearns Cos. in March, 2008. Erik Sirri, a director at the SEC, and Donald...
- Morgan Stanley Starts New Division. // Investment Management Weekly;3/12/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p1
The article offers information on Direct Investments Group, the new unit of Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM). To develop the new unit, MSIM transferred its $45 billion real estate unit from its investment banking operation to its asset management arm. Direct Investments Group will...
- Corrections & Clarifications. // Pensions & Investments;10/3/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 20, p18
A correction to the article "Moving along different paths," that was published in the September 19, 2011 issue, is presented.
- Odds & Ends. // Investment Management Weekly;3/12/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p4
The article offers news briefs on the financial services industry in the U.S. JPMorgan Chase & Co. exceeded Goldman Sachs as the largest hedge fund manager. Rudy Guiliani, former mayor of New York City, made a deal to sell his investment bank Guiliani Capital Advisors to Macquarie Group. James...
- Morgan Hires Execs For Investment Unit. // American Banker;2/23/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 28, p11
This article reports that Gregory Fleming of Morgan Stanley Investment Management has hired Edmond Moriarty, formerly of Merrill Lynch, and Jeffrey Shames, formerly of MFS Investment Management. Fleming hopes the hires will help improve the company's asset management business.
- Problems at titan Morgan Stanley. Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;4/29/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the changes of the compensation structure of Morgan Stanley Investment Management in New York. Basis of the compensation of investment unit staff; Application of revised compensation program; Use of assets under management and performance by individual asset classes.
- MSIM: Still Time For Investors To Get Into High Yield. // High Yield Report;10/20/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 40, p3
Features U.S.-based Morgan Stanley Investment Management.
- OFFSHORE INVESTMENTS. // Money Marketing;3/23/2006, p68
The article provides information on three Sicav funds from Morgan Stanley Investment Management Inc. They include the Sicav Emerging Markets Debt Fund, the Sicav European Value Equity Fund, and the Sicav Euro Bond Fund.