Uncertainty the Best Place for Decisions
- Uncertainty the Best Place for Decisions. Levin, Ross // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug2006, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p32
The article focuses on the emotional difficulty of making hard financial decisions. Two examples are given regarding decisions to sell property, one from the author and one from the other's clients. The clients decided to sell their barrier island Florida property, despite their attachment to...
- HOT SPOTS. Tait, Allison // Australian House & Garden;Aug2002, Issue 8, p73
Focuses on the factors influencing the demand for real property in Australia. Affordability of home ownership; Popularity of the property for investment; Location of the real property.
- REGAINING CONFIDENCE. Day, Chris // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/10/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 4522, p48
The article reports on the demand of private property buyers for good-quality, well-located properties in Great Britain. The decision by Admiral Taverns to curtail its acquisition programme will enable private buyers to buy freehold pubs. In 2008, the volume of single-asset and small-portfolio...
- The lessons I've learned. Altfest, Lewis J. // Medical Economics;4/25/2003, Vol. 80 Issue 8, p20
Focuses on factors to consider in investing and financial planning in the U.S. Disadvantage of making quick investment decisions; Tendency of the financial adviser to change the financial and investment plans; Advantage of investing a real estate.
- Real estate bargains. Ryder, Terry // Money (Australia Edition);Mar2006, Issue 77, p46
The article deals with the affordability of real estates in Australia in March 2006. Many property experts believe the budget suburbs will show the best capital growth in coming years. This is good news because affordability has become real estate's issue. Affordability improved slightly in...
- Not if, but when . . . Balls, Ashley // NZ Business;Feb2004, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p44
Focuses on several property myths in the property investment sector of New Zealand. Information on the home ownership myth; Myth involving the returns from home ownership; Discussion on the problem with the buy-to-rent market.
- Is your house a home or is it an investment? Lenahan, Phil // Our Sunday Visitor;8/3/2008, Vol. 97 Issue 14, p13
The article suggests that the house should be treat as more of a home rather than an investment. For several years before the housing downswing, many real estate advisers encouraged homeowners to use the equity in their homes in order to invest in additional income-producing properties. It...
- Six paths to your first home. Long, Christine // Money (Australia Edition);Oct2005, Issue 9, p66
This article presents tips on saving money for purchasing one's first house in Australia. Most of us want to own the roof over our heads but it is a major financial project. You could live with your parents for a set period and then do some overtime or work a second job at a different stage in...
- Report: Fewer people falling behind on home loans. Zibel, Alan // Gay & Lesbian Times;2/25/2010, Issue 1157, p22
The article reports on the decline of homeowners falling behind on their loans in the U.S.