Dr. Henry Cloud on Integrity, the Demands of Reality, and Why Having Role Models Doesn't Necessarily Work
- Integrity: The Courage to Meet the Demands of Reality. Marken, G. A. "Andy" // Public Relations Quarterly;Spring2006, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p3
The article reviews the book "Integrity: The Courage to Meet the Demands of Reality," by Henry Cloud.
- INFO JUNKIE. Le Beau, Christina // Crain's Chicago Business;8/15/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 33, p0035
The article focuses on lawyer Brenda Russell, director of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP in Chicago, Illinois. It states that Russell reads "Wine Spectator" to get information on wines in the regions she travels into. It mentions that she follows economist Nouriel Roubini and "New York Times"...
- Mergers & Acquisitions. Marlor, Bradley G. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;8/11/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p13
The article focuses on the factors that need to be considered by business owners when dealing with their attorneys in the buying or selling process of a business. It notes that both parties should be at a meeting of the minds on all substantive issues. It emphasizes the need for buyers and...
- Stop work, engage brain. Smith, Craig // Marketing (00253650);10/12/2005, p31
The article focuses on issues related to marketing. Today's business leaders foster a business environment in which it is impossible for business theory, however pertinent, to find traction. Time is, of course, short and the demands on it are many. There are plenty of models, frameworks and...
- Smooth travels. Perlik, Allison // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug99, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p114
Examine the role of business consultants on the success of corporations. Role of transition management in the changing markets and competition; Contribution of Northup Kratochwill, a certified behavioral and values analyst to Target Training International organization; Employment of multi-step...
- Businesses can benefit from outside advice. Sundaramoorthy, Geeta // Business News New Jersey;03/29/99, Vol. 12 Issue 13, p12
Presents some advice to businesses using the services of consultants. Consultants for business planning; Niche areas of consultants; Avoiding making bad consultant decisions.
- Putting `theory' into practice. Mariotti, John // Industry Week/IW;12/15/97, Vol. 246 Issue 23, p106
Opinion. Comments on the theoretical exercises of businessmen. Problem with theoretical practices; Tips on how to operate a business; Practices that work for a business; Characteristics of business authors.
- In the know. Stimpson, Jeff // Practical Accountant;Jun99, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p34
Focuses on the concept of knowledge management (KM) engagement. Definition of KM; Common denominator of KM; Lack of agreement among consulting companies on the precise meaning of the term; KM as an opportunity to add value to information inside the organization; Consulting rates for KM;...
- Taking the 'vice' out of advice? Jebb, Fiona // Director (00123242);Jun2000, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p37
Presents suggestions on how companies in Great Britain can select appropriate management consultants for their projects. Components of a successful communication program; Reasons for the skeptical perception on consultants; Caution of KPMG regarding the effect of long period of decision-making.