Journal of FINANCIAL PLANNING
- Urban Leagueâ€™s golden gala. Bertagnoli, Lisa // Crain's Chicago Business;11/7/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 45, p0035
The article presents an interview with Mellody Hobson, president of Ariel Investments LLC. He is one of one of the co-chairs of the 50th Golden Fellowship Dinner of the organization Chicago Urban League which helps in building strong African-American communities. He talks about the Ariel...
- BEATING THE DIVERSITY DRUM. // Diverse: Issues in Higher Education;10/19/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p56
The article presents an interview with Mellody Hobson, president of Ariel Capital Management LLC and a former Princeton University trustee. She discusses the reason for her inclusion into Princeton's board of trustees. Hobson describes the lessons she learned while a member of the board. She...
- DWA revs up with new chair. Goldsmith, Jill; Abrams, Rachel // Daily Variety;10/26/2012, Vol. 317 Issue 20, p1
The article announces that Mellody Hobson was appointed chairman at DreamWorks Animation SKG Inc.
- The Next Phase: Senior Cohousing. Cohen, Raines // Communities;Summer2005, Issue 127, p33
Presents interviews with Charles Durrett and Kathryn McCamant, cofounder of the cohousing movement in North America. Description of the their study of Danish cohousing communities; Creation of the organizational structures using the senior cohousing; Form of intentional community.
- What have been the benefits of FICP membership for you? Hall, Alison // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Mar2010, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p27
An interview with Jana Stern, vice president at Financial & Insurance Conference Planners, is presented. When asked about the benefits of being a member of the FICP, she shares that her membership at FICP was able to establish relationship with her fellow members. Stern cites that being a member...
- Readers' All-Star Roster: Apple Rules. // Fortune;9/26/2011, Vol. 164 Issue 5, p27
The article presents "Fortune" magazine's readers' picks for an executive dream team that includes many executives related to Apple Inc. including Steve Jobs, Tim Cook, and Jonathan Ive, as well as presents executive selections by Ariel Investments' president Mellody Hobson.
- Age Ain't Nothin' But a Number. McINTOSH, CLAIRE // Ebony;Jun2012, Vol. 67 Issue 8, p85
The article discusses celebrity couples where the man is older than the woman, and presents an interview with marriage therapist George James. Couples such as musicians BeyoncÃ© and Jay-Z, basketball player Michael Jordan and model Yvette Prieto, and executive Mellody Hobson and filmmaker...
- Debating The Retirement Challenge. // On Wall Street;Sep2010, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p30
An interview with several financial company executives in the U.S. is presented. The executives discussed the retirement challenges being faced by their company and clients. They also discussed issues such as the unemployment rate, training of advisors and wealth preservation. Some of the...
- FORWARD thinking ON ADVANCED MARKETS. Hirsch, Charles K. // Life Insurance Selling;Feb2010, Vol. 85 Issue 2, p26
An interview with several U.S. financial planning professionals including Guy Baker, Michael Corry, and Michael Weintraub is presented. When asked on the major issues in the advanced markets that have the most impact for the insurance business, Corry states that the stranger-owned life insurance...