Keeping Small-Business Cash Flow on Track
- Bean Counters and Visionaries. Hayden, Vern C. // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov2009, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p40
The article offers the author's insights regarding the difference between left-brain management and right-brain marketing in entrepreneurship in the U.S. Accordingly, some people are left-brainers and some are right-brainers. He notes that left-brainers want to be supported by facts, figures,...
- Know cash-flow patterns before going to lenders. Hadley, Mark // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;04/14/97, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p6SB
Focuses on the importance of understanding cash-flow patterns in the success of a small business. Need for small business owners to work out its financing with the longest possible amortization; Factors that can help a business build a good relationship with lenders; Considering a contingency...
- The New ISO Standard: Opportunity, Not Threat. Lefferts, Peter A. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2006, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p16
This article discusses the benefits of U.S. non-governmental organizations and business enterprises from the implementation of the International Standard 22 222 in January 2006. The Standards basically deals with the quality management practices of business enterprises. Hence, in contrast to the...
- Heading for the Exits. Paikert, Charles // Financial Planning;May2014, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p49
The article discusses the opportunities offered to financial advisors of the expected move by around three million businesses in the U.S. to sell their operations in the next five years. According to Exit Planning Institute's Christopher Snider, financial planners and advisors can provide...
- Handy DANs: Bonds for the Masses. Koreto, Richard J. // Financial Planning;Nov2001, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p0
Reports on the Direct Access Notes program introduced by LaSalle in the U.S. in 2001. Companies that can be accessed in the program; Importance of the program to financial planners.
- Why Isn't The Controller Having More IMPACT? Scheumann, Jon // Strategic Finance;Apr99, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p33
The article reports on the impact of controllers on corporate financial planning in U.S. firms. The author feels that controllers need to engage in business planning and become business partners in order to remain relevant. The responsibility of controllers in financial management, financial...
- The Hot Job of Financial Planning&hellip. // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb1998, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p16
Comments on the article featured in "U.S. News & World Report" about financial planning. Popularity of the career in financial planning; Demand for financial planners in the banking, brokerage and mutual fund fields; Failure of the magazine to mention designations or licenses.
- Internet Highway Report... // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb1999, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p18
This section presents a list of web sites relevant to financial planners and financial planning in the U.S.
- Tasking the Task Force: When Is a CFPÂ® Certificant a Fiduciary? Thompson, Duane R. // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2004, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p22
This article addresses issues concerning fiduciary standards in financial planning in the U.S. In a news release, the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board noted that it would be choosing, among members for various standing committees in 2004, volunteers for a task force begun in 2003 to...