Birnbaum and Wong (1985) revisited: A re-evaluation of the culture-free hypothesis
- Diversity: A bottomline issue. Owens, Reginald // Workforce;Mar97 Supplement Tools, Vol. 76, p3
Outlines a list of steps to initiate a culture change within an organization. Recognizing the business impact of diversity; Scenario of the culture change; Targetting self-interest behavior modification.
- CHANGING COMMUNITY AND ORGANIZATIONAL CULTURES. Allen, Robert F.; Silverzweig, Stanley // Training & Development Journal;Jul77, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p28
Discusses the need to change community and organizational cultures. Analysis of the existing culture; Need to experience the desired culture; Modification of the existing culture; Evaluation of results.
- Corporate culture a vital tool. Luptakova, Stanislava // Slovak Spectator;05/15/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 19, p5
Offers observation on the business environment. Challenge imposed by the business environment on firms; Definition of competitive advantage; Assumptions about the future of employability.
- Organizational Fracticide: The Roadblock to Maximum Performance. Smolowitz, Ira // Business Forum;Winter/Spring98, Vol. 23 Issue 1/2, p45
Probes on intraorganizational culture conflict in various sectors of the society. Overview of the Great Petunia War at Pentagon; Views of Mathew L. Wald on corporate fratricide.
- The Relationship Between Work and Workplace Attitudes and Perceived External Prestige. Carmeli, Abraham; Freund, Anat // Corporate Reputation Review;Spring2002, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p51
Presents information on a study that explored the relationship between work and workplace attitudes and perceived external prestige among both employees and employers of law firms in Israel. Research methods; Result and discussion on the study; Conclusion.
- First Days on the Job. Messmer, Max // National Public Accountant;Jul2001, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p20
Presents advice for employees on dealing with first few days on the job. Importance of first impressions; Identification of responsibilities; How to establish a good relationship with supervisor.
- Organisational psychology and workplace control: the instrumentality of corporate culture. Bagraim, Jeffrey J // South African Journal of Psychology;Sep2001, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p43
Corporate culture has emerged as a central theme in organisational psychology and corporate culture initiatives are widely celebrated as a legitimate source of corporate success. Organisational psychologists commissioned to design these initiatives typically describe their efforts with reference...
- What is your Company Core Spirit? Dossenbach, Tom // Wood & Wood Products;Jul2001, Vol. 106 Issue 8, p51
Presents information on corporate climate, corporate culture and core spirit. Discussion on corporate climate and corporate culture; Definition of a company's core spirit; How to change the core spirit of a company.
- Individuals and Organizations: The Cultural Match. Wallach, Ellen J. // Training & Development Journal;Feb83, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p28
Focuses on the achievement of success in the U.S. corporate culture. Performance objectives and the culture of organizations; Expected standards of behavior; Impact of cultural norms on perception of performance effectiveness.