Performance of retirement funds in efficient markets: Case of the Oregon Public Employee
- News Flash. Morgan, John // Money Management Executive;2/25/2008, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p3
The article offers news briefs related to investment analysis in the U.S. The asset managers are challenged to develop effective retirement planning services discussed at the National Investment Co. Service Association (NICSA) Conference with the theme "Cultivating Growth." Legg Mason, money...
- 'Savers missing opportunities' Speedy, Sonia // Money Marketing;9/4/2003, p12
Cites the result of a study pertaining to individual savings in Great Britain. Proportion of annual income saved by individuals; Percentage of people who would like to retire early; Failure of many individuals to make most of investment opportunities.
- Smart savings plan beats lottery odds, hands down. Kinney, Derrick // Fort Worth Business Press;05/11/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3
Discusses the advantages of investing in a savings plan compared to lottery betting when planning your retirement. Factors to consider in retirement planning; Available type of investments; Sample calculations of interest in a fixed-rate investment.
- What returns and inflation should I expect? Mangla, Ismat Sarah // Money;Oct2008, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p32
The article presents a response to a reader question regarding what returns and inflation to expect when calculating returns on investments for retirement.
- Go off beaten path for higher yields. Wooten, Terry; Tanzy, Kathleen // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jan1994, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p48
Presents high yield options for the 1994 market and the reasons why. U.S. bonds; European bonds; Equities; Gold; Agriculture; Crude oil. INSETS: Hot commodities.;Will the greenback fly? US economy forecasts by Lewis Alexander..
- The art of managing multiple positions. Litle, Justice // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;May2001, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p52
Focuses on pros and cons of trading in numerous markets. Increased exposure to possibly explosive moves; Danger of heavy reliance on fundamental analysis; Process of selecting potential trades; Compatibility of swing and position trading styles with multiple markets.
- INVESTMENT ANALYSIS. Hambridge, David // Money Marketing;3/28/2002, p70
Presents an investment analysis on money marketing as of March 11, 2002. Top 10 funds from 1997-2002; Performance of funds against other funds in its sector.
- Investment Strategy. // Morningstar FundInvestor;Jan2009, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p48
The article provides answers on questions related to investment funds including the impact of the sale of Neuberger & Berman towards its managers and the status of the Fidelity Contrafund (FCNTX) and Low-Priced Stock (FLPSX).
- The next step for buy-to-let deals. Roberts, Rob // Mortgage Strategy;4/16/2007, p60
The author reflects on issues of investing into buy-to-let deals in Great Britain. Reflecting on the poor performance of many pension schemes, he notes that most individuals are beginning to replace their pensions with property, which implies an upsurge in the buy-to-let market. He contends that...