Preparing for careers in global business: Strategies for U.S. female students
- Kneader opens China plant. Dawson, Brad // Rubber & Plastics News;4/22/2002, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p13
Reports the opening of the Kneader Machinery Co. Ltd. dispersion mixer facility in China. Specifications of the plant; Implications for local employment; Background of the company.
- French companies land in Asia. Fede, James; Chan, W.K. // Asian Business Review;Oct96, p35
Focuses on the influx of French companies in Asia. Building on historical links; Close ties between French government and business; Opportunities provided by the booming financial services sector.
- Top 50 foreign owned companies. Barbarello, Kathleen // Business News New Jersey;10/18/95, Vol. 8 Issue 19, p44
Presents a chart of top foreign-owned business enterprises in New Jersey ranked according to the number of employees. Includes name; Origin of parent company; Number of employees; Type of business; Head of office.
- Foreign-owned companies. // Business News New Jersey;1998 Book of Lists, Vol. 11, p56
Ranks foreign-owned companies in New Jersey by number of employees. Includes Novartis; Hoffman-La Roche; Lipton; Matsushita Electric Corporation of America; Sony Electronics.
- You get what you expect in China. Abramson, Neil R.; Ai, Janet X. // Business Quarterly;Winter96, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p36
Analyzes business opportunities for foreign investors in China. Overall performance and profitability of American and Canadian firms in China; Major expectations of foreign businesses in China; Importance of building relationships through trust and shared goals. INSET: The study..
- LARGEST FOREIGN-OWNED COMPANIES. // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/31/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 52, p9
A list concerning the largest foreign-owned companies in Ohio, including Sterling Jewelers Inc., Nestle USA, and Philips Medical Systems, is presented.
- LARGEST FOREIGN-OWNED COMPANIES. // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/22/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 51, p31
The article lists the largest foreign-owned companies based in Ohio, ranked by number of local employees, which include Sterling Jewelers Inc., Elster Perfection Corp., and Hitachi Medical Systems America Inc.
- Doing business in China. Swanz, Donald J. // CPA Journal;Mar1995, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p42
Discusses considerations foreign businesses should consider before opening operations in China. Includes socioeconomic environment; Taxation; Accounting.
- Making sense of the profits of foreign firms in the United States. Lester, David S.; McCauley, Robert N. // Quarterly Review (01476580);Summer/Fall94, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p44
Offers an alternative explanation to the small profit of foreign firms in the United States. Causes and consequences of acquisitions; Value of the American dollar; Profit shifting; Earnings stripping through excessive leverage; Transfer pricing; Assessing relative impacts; Implications for taxes.