A tax-free exploitation of the weekend effect: A `switching' strategy in the college retirement
- INVESTMENT ANALYSIS. Hallen, Raj // Money Marketing;9/4/2003, p36
Presents an investment analysis of stockmarkets as of September 4, 2003. Growth of the U.S. economy; Royal and Sun Alliance's share performance; Increased profit-taking in the Japanese market.
- Stay invested through the ups, downs of bulls, bears. Poer, James L. // Business Press;04/18/97, Vol. 9 Issue 51, p28
Provides insights and suggestions for stock market investors. Declines and corrections as normal occurrence; Domestic equity returns; Bull and bear markets; Expert economists' predictions; Realistic investing expectations; Patience on investments; False notions of indexing advantages;...
- 10 tips for the first-time investor. // Fairfield County Business Journal;09/13/99, Vol. 38 Issue 37, p20
Presents suggestions for minimizing risks in stock market investments. Increase of investment knowledge; Defining risk comfort level; Matching of investments and goals; Diversification of investments.
- Market's dead zone is coming; investors must get ready. Hauke, Keenan // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/31/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p37A
Reports that for the last 100 years, the stock market has moved in a fairly predictable pattern in terms of strong and weak periods. Months when the bull market tends to occur; Bear market; Reason for calling the period between May 1 and October 31 the dead zone.
- Time is on Your Side. Spiegel, Katie // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);02/01/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p18B
Focuses on the importance of time on the investment performance of business enterprises in the U.S. Facilitation in weathering short-time volatility; Assistance to potentially benefit from the historical positive growth of the stock market; Reduction of market risk.
- As I See It. Dodgson, Gregory E.V. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;4/29/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p31
Discusses the reasons why stock market analysts saw their reputation decline in 2002. Failure to predict the high-technology stock market bubble in 2001; Existence of potential conflicts of interest; Other reliable sources of information about stock ratings and price targets.
- QUIZ. // Finweek;8/31/2006, p62
A quiz concerning the definition, the key concepts and building blocks of technical analysis of stock market is presented.
- INVESTMENT VIEW. Tora, Brian // Money Marketing;8/7/2003, p18
Stresses the need to learn the basics and assess shares using simple but established valuation methods in determining where to place an investment. Importance of understanding the factors that affects the market; Difficulty in judging when it is appropriate to invest; Dynamic nature of the markets.
- JULIAN GIBBS. Gibbs, Julian // Money Marketing;9/11/2003, p44
Presents the investment analysis of the author as of September 11, 2003. Performance of the different stockmarkets; Effect of the improved U.S. and world economies on unit trusts investment; Forecast for the Far East market.