Growth in U.S. consumer debt outstanding and major categories of consumer spendings
- Efficacy of Monetary Policy in Curtailing Consumption: Empirical Evidence from Fiji. Kumar, Saten // IUP Journal of Monetary Economics;Aug2010, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p60
Should Reserve Bank of Fiji (RBF) use rate of interest to control private consumption expenditure in Fiji? This paper investigates whether rate of interest is an appropriate monetary policy instrument to reduce consumption in Fiji. Results indicate that interest rate has no effect on private...
- MALAYSIA. // Accountancy;Feb1998, Vol. 121 Issue 1254, p81
Reports on the British government's announcement of increases in monetary limits and fees under the Consumer Credit Act. Increase of the upper limit for regulated credit and hire agreements.
- Household debt and consumer spending. Murphy, Robert G. // Business Economics;Jul98, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p38
Discusses the relation between consumer debt and predicting future consumer spending. Use of a total debt-service ratio in predicting consumer spending growth; Reason for the violations of the permanent-income theory of consumption; Research implications.
- Consumer credit rose $9.7 billion in October. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;12/08/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30535, p2
Reports on the rise in consumer credit in the United States in October 1998. Total outstanding credit.
- Consumer credit binging balloons over summer. Welsh, James // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/04/99, Vol. 20 Issue 40, p38
Reports on the rise in consumer borrowing in the United States, in July 1999. Trends in consumer spending resulting to the increase; Annualized consumer borrowing at the end of the month; Factors contributing to increased consumer borrowing.
- Consumer credit growth slows. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;3/9/2015, pA02
The article reports on the increase in consumer debt by $11.6 billion, following an upward revised $17.9 billion gain in December 2014.
- CONSUMER SCORECARD. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/16/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p3
The article presents a consumer scorecard that represents food purchased for immediate consumption at department, grocery and other stores.
- CONTENTS. // Consumer Behavior;2017/2018, Vol. 12, p5
A table of contents for the 2017-2018 issue of the periodical is presented.
- Spending Growth Solid in June. Gomez, Vivian // Banking Strategies Daily;7/17/2014, p1
The article reports on the 3 percent increase in the consumer spending as of June 2014 in various categories, hotel and travel wherein consumers use the payment transactions through credit, signature debit and closed-loop prepaid cards.