Disclosure adequacy and country risk
- World, regional and political risk influences upon Asia Pacific equity market returns. Heaney, Richard; Hooper, Vince // Australian Journal of Management (University of New South Wales);Dec99, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p131
Focuses on the explanatory power of world influences, regional effects and political risk indices on the equity market returns of selected Asia Pacific countries. Factors behind emerging equity market returns; Influence of regionalism; Use of multi-index models incorporating a regional factor.
- Country Risk Summary: BULGARIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe Monitor;Nov2003, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p4
The article presents information on the political, economic and business risks of Bulgaria. Following a prolonged deadlock in negotiations over the successor of Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) governor Svetoslav Gavriiski, deputies have finally appointed the former head of the parliamentary budget...
- Asset Strategy: Political Risks And Monetary Policy At The Fore. // Emerging Markets Monitor;4/18/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p17
The article discusses the improving technical indicators in the Middle East equities market as of April 18, 2011, driven by themes such as political risk and monetary policy. It stresses its bullish outlook for the Qatar Share Index, citing strong macro fundamentals, encouraging technical...
- Argentina: Stocks Looking Shaky. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/5/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p10
The article reports that the stock of Argentina is unstable due to political risks and macroeconomic imbalances. The Merval Equity Index multi-year trend channel is at 2,050 which shows that a break in this level could mean increasing stock. The threat of farmers' strikes and underreporting in...
- Finances In Focus. Wright, Michael // Word (Word Publications - Ted Fleischaker);Sep2010, p27
The article offers tips on investing internationally. According to the authors, it is important to play both the currency markets and stock markets where the investment is located. They suggest the need to consider the political risks, particularly changes in policies or rules affecting...
- Market microstructure effects of U.S.-Canada differences relating to reserve-based accounting disclosures. Boone, Jeff P.; Luther, Robert G.; Raman, K. K. // Journal of International Accounting, Auditing & Taxation;1998, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p195
Investigates the relevance of unproved reserves information in an international context using a microstructure methodology based on theoretical models. Indication that the response of the midpoint of the bid-ask spread to unexpected trading activity is a consequence of asymmetric information;...
- Assessing the Usefulness of SEC Form 20-F Disclosures Using Return and Volume Metrics: The Case of U.K. Firms. Olibe, Kingsley Onwunyiri // Journal of Economics & Finance;Fall2001, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p343
This study examines the price and volume effects of the release, in the United States, of accounting numbers by U.K. firms. These U.K. firms report accounting numbers to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) using Form 20-F. The results suggest the existence of unexpected returns but...
- Jordan. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/12/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p9
Reports on stock market developments in Jordan as of February 12, 1999. Impact of the economic slowdown on the Amman Financial Market; Factors expected to stimulate market in 1999; Appointment of a steering board for the Amman bourse; Implementation of disclosure regulations in 1999.
- Companies accounts checklist. // Accountancy;Aug1979, Vol. 90 Issue 1032, p23
Focuses on the summary of the disclosure requirements of Great Britain Companies Acts, accounting Standards and the Stock Exchange Listing Agreement. Provision of a wealth for factual information; Disclosure of Stock Exchange.