Bus Drivers End Strike in Boston
- Laidlaw Bus Drivers in Los Angeles Go on Strike. Reid, Karla Scoon // Education Week;4/10/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p3
Focuses on the strike of Laidlaw school bus drivers in Los Angeles, California. Impact of the strike on the students; Reasons for the protests; Plans of the Laidlaw Education Services to settle the problems with the drivers.
- School bus drivers in New York City plan to strike on Wednesday. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;1/15/2013, p3
The article talks about the plan of a union of school bus drivers in New York City to stage a strike on January 16, 2013, the first since a 13-week strike in 1979, in an attempt to preserve job protection for the most experienced bus drivers.
- School bus union hires advisers as strike looms. Fickenscher, Lisa // Crain's New York Business;11/25/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 47, p39
Reports that the union representing school bus drivers and escorts in New York City has hired advisers in expectation of a strike in 2003. Issues raised by the union; Demands of the union; Problems faced by bus companies.
- Bus companies sue over employee protections. JOHNSON, STEPHON // New York Amsterdam News;2/14/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 7, p10
The article presents information on the ongoing the school bus drivers' strike in New York City.
- Bus Drivers Stage Strike in Worcester For Third Time. // Education Week;3/12/1986, Vol. 5 Issue 26, p3
The article reports on the strike by school-bus drivers for the third time in Worcester, Massachusetts. Atfer the company refused to recognized and negotiate with their newly formed union, the drivers who work for the United Truck and Bus Company went on strike. To force a vote on unionization,...
- N.Y.C. Bus Strike Ends, Costing Millions. A. P. // Education Week;2/27/2013, Vol. 32 Issue 22, p4
The article discusses the end of a New York City school bus strike in February 2013, the cost to the city for taxis and transit cards during the strike, and promises from mayoral candidates to deal with job protection issues after the 2013 election.
- Unions still threaten strike action, despite govt. assurances. // Education (14637073);12/11/2009, Issue 377, p2
The article reports on teachers and strike action in Great Britain. The National Union of Teachers took a ballot of its members in regards to the Key Stage 2 tests with a result of 95% believing the tests should be stopped and 76% stating they would boycott the tests. The British government...
- Boston Bus Drivers Walk Out in 3rd Strike in 5 Years. Diegmueller, Karen // Education Week;10/2/1991, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p9
The article reports that Boston school-bus drivers went on strike, the third by the bus driver's union since 1986. The bus drivers sought a14 percent salary increase over two years. According to the report, the public schools registered high level of attendance despite the strike.An assistant...
- Mass. Drivers Strike Affects 8,000 Pupils. A. T. // Education Week;12/4/1985, Vol. 5 Issue 14, p10
The article reports on the strike organized by school bus drivers for union recognition in Worcester, Massachusetts. The strike affected about 8,000 public and parochial-school students. According to superintendent John Durkin, the system contracts for its bus service from United Truck and Bus...