- A MODEL MARRIAGE. Ritchie, Cecilia // Inside Film;Apr2006, Issue 86, p36
Focuses on Random House Films, the partnership between global publisher Random House and film company Focus Features. Film projects planned for the partnership; Efforts of Jill Baker, publishing director for trade publisher Random House Australia, to make suggestions from the new Australian...
- H'wood on the Seine. Klaussmann, Liza // Variety;5/10/2004, Vol. 394 Issue 13, pA14
Presents updates on the motion picture industry in France as of May 10, 2004. Partnership between Miramax and TF1 at the Cannes Film Festival to create film distributor TFM; End of joint venture between Buena Vista International and Gaumont; Negotiations between Focus Features and Liaisons Films.
- RANDOM ORDER. Cruz, Gilbert // Entertainment Weekly;11/18/2005, Issue 850, p27
This article reports on the partnership between Random House and Focus Features to form Random House Films.
- Focus focus on Ozon's '8 Women' Lyons, Charles // Daily Variety;9/19/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 77, p11
Reports on the special screening of the motion picture '8 Women' hosted by Focus Features in Gotham, England.
- Focus heads south for Canana deal. Kit, Borys // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/25/2005, Vol. 391 Issue 26, p3
This article reports that Canana Films, the newly formed production company run by actors Gael Garcia Bernal and Diego Luna and producer Pablo Cruz, has partnered with Focus Features. The three partners, based in Mexico City, Mexico plan to make modestly budgeted Spanish-language films in Mexico...
- RH Films Debuts. Deahl, Rachel // Publishers Weekly;10/15/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 41, p10
The article focuses on the decision of publisher Random House (RH) Films to cofinance and coproduce films based on its books with independent studio Focus Features. Because projects from RH Films are guaranteed marketing and distribution through the deal with Focus, Random's division is the...
- 'GRAMS' FINDING FOCUS. Fleming, Michael; Brodesser, Claude // Daily Variety;7/16/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 30, p1
Reports on the acquisition by Focus Features of the world rights to '21 Grams,' a film by director Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu and screenwriter Guillermo Arriaga. Negotiations for Benicio Del Torro, Sean Penn and Naomi Watts to star; Producers of the project; Theme of the drama.
- FOCUS GIVES TYRO A SHOT. Harris, Dana // Daily Variety;4/28/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 15, p5
Reports that movie production company Focus Features has purchased the movie script 'Revolver,' from screenwriter Adam Sussman.
- Solid bow, pipeline bode well for U's boutique. Rooney, David // Daily Variety;8/18/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 31/32, SPECIAL REPORT. p14
Features the film distribution company Focus Features in the U.S. Operational focus of the company under the leadership of James Schamus; Titles of the films slated for 2003 release; Citations of the company's top-grosser films.