China Sprout Seeks Bigger Distributor, Sticks to Web Business
- Editeur. Green, Brian // Publishing Research Quarterly;Summer99, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p18
Focuses on the International Group for Electronic Commerce in the Book and Serial Sectors (EDITEUR). Why EDITEUR had to be invented; Discussion on the expansion of EDITEUR beyond Electronic Data Interchange (EDI); Information on the projects of EDITEUR.
- Fasten your high-tech seatbelts. Shatzkin, Mike // Publishers Weekly;5/24/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 21, p28
Focuses on developments related to book trade as of May 24, 1999. Digital technology's projected impact on the market; Increase in sales of books on the Internet; Emergence of electronic books; Challenges faced by booksellers.
- The tricky business of online sales. Lorinc, John // Quill & Quire;May98, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p8
Focuses on the condition of online sales in the book industry. Questions on the sale and distribution of books; Effects of online sales on publishers; Impact of Internet selling on the trade.
- COMPARISON SHOPPING. Lorinc, John // Quill & Quire;May98, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p9
Compares the Internet book shopping guides Barnes&Noble.com and Quick Search. Evaluation of book prices; Accessibility of the sites; Inclusion of a list of books.
- From Gutenberg to Amazon. Howarth, Brad // BRW;11/26/99, Vol. 21 Issue 46, p92
Focuses on the impact of electronic commerce on the book industry in Australia as of November 26, 1999. Book publishers' use of the Internet to improve their distribution and warehousing operations; Impact on the market of consumers' contact with online and overseas retailers. INSET: Screen...
- PLUMAGE FROM PEGASUS. Di Filippo, Paul // Fantasy & Science Fiction;Oct/Nov2001, Vol. 101 Issue 4/5, p107
Reports that books will be sold in component parts on the Internet starting fall 2001.
- E-commerce. // African Business;Jul/Aug2002, Issue 278, p14
Explores the progress of electronic commerce in African countries. Amount of revenue generated through e-commerce; Factors impending the full penetration of e-commerce in the continent; Feasibility of the region for e-commerce.
- Special issue based on the INFORMS Conference, June 2007, Barcelona, Spain. Kachani, Soulaymane // Journal of Revenue & Pricing Management;Jan2009, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Alexander Erdelyi and Huseyin Topaloglu on problems in network revenue management with capacity control and overbooking decision, one by Dimitris Bertsimas, Jeffrey Hawkins and Georgia Perakis on algorithms for...
- Websites May Cut Into Toll-Free Calling. // Business Communications Review;Mar2002, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p6
Reports the projected growth in revenue of the toll-free services from 2000 to 2007 in the U.S. Decrease in the growth of Internet usage and sales; Competition of the Web-enabled customer support interfaces and provisioning interfaces with toll-free numbers; Display of the toll-free numbers on...