Gibbs Smith Grows Revenue by Nearly 20% Through Expansion
- Publisher to build facility in Kaysville. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;10/16/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p25
Focuses on book publisher Gibbs Smith Publisher's receipt of approval from the Kaysville City Council to pursue plans for a distribution facility in the Kaysville Business Park in Utah. Size of the publishing distribution facility; Replacement for two other warehouses used by the publishing...
- At 40, Gibbs Smith Plans for The Future. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;3/2/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 9, p10
The article presents information on Gibbs Smith, a publishing company of illustrated books based in Layton, Utah. The company publishes books that "enrich and inspire humankind. The house was founded by Smith and his wife, Catherine, with less than $20,000 from their work on a film based on his...
- Sierra, Gibbs In Kids Deal. // Publishers Weekly;6/26/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 26, p11
Reports on the agreement reached by Sierra Club Books with Gibbs Smith Publisher for the two companies to copublish the Sierra Club Books for Young Children line. Terms under the arrangement; Copublisher of Sierra Club's adult titles.
- Party Pizzazz. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Jun2007, Vol. 108 Issue 6, p102
The article presents several cookbooks for food and drink recipes from various companies. These cookbooks include the "500 Appetizers" from Sellers Publishing Inc., the "Big Easy Cocktails" from Ten Speed Press and the "Fiesta on the Grill" from Gibbs Smith Publisher which offers information...
- Publishing Outside the Box. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/1/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 9, p35
Explores how independent publishers in the U.S. find ways to develop and market their titles. Efforts of Gibbs Smith Publisher to survive and thrive in today's publishing marketplace; Three distinct imprints attributed to Red Wheel/Weiser's success; Diversification plan of Ronnie Sellers...
- Gibbs Smith Keeps Doing It His Way. // Publishers Weekly;3/10/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 10, p13
The article discusses publishing company Gibbs Smith Publisher, with a focus on the work of founder Gibbs Smith and the diversity of the company's product list as of March 2014. Topics including Gibbs' sales in 2013 and forecasted sales for 2014, production of the BabyLit board book series, and...
- Gibbs Smith announces children's line. // Publishers Weekly;8/8/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 32, p36
Reports on the inauguration of Gibbs Smith's children's book program in fall 1994. Initial titles.
- Printing Technology Trends. Bolte, C. Clint // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;4/16/2009, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p14
An excerpt from Printing Industry of America's "2009 Forecast: Technology, Trends, Tactics" is presented.
- Financial News. // Book Publishing Report;07/24/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p7
Presents several articles of the finances of publishing companies in the United States. Details on the publishing revenues of Time Inc.; Information on the net income of Time Warner; Percentage of revenue increase of the education and professional publishing at the McGraw-Hill companies; Net...