Varsity Group Embarks on Ambitious Growth Strategy
- Varsity Ready for Record Year. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/23/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 34, p16
Reports on the financial performance of the Varsity Group for the second quarter of 2004. Increase in sales and net income; Rise in revenue and earnings; Plans and expectations for the rest of the year.
- VarsityBooks to Focus On Marketing Services. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/8/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 19, p16
Announces that VarsityBooks.com is changing its business model to emphasize its marketing services business and to reduce its retail operations. Goal of the company; Implication of the move; Information on its plan to revise its corporate name.
- Sales Jump, Losses Soar at VarsityBooks. // Publishers Weekly;3/6/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 10, p14
Reports on the increase in the 1999 sales of VarsityBooks.Com, which went public on February 15, 2000. Comparison of the company's sales in 1998 and 1999; Largest expense of Varsity during the year; Vice president of business development named by the company.
- Newsmakers... // Educational Marketer;11/01/99, Vol. 30 Issue 31, p8
Reports that VarsityBooks.com appointed Jonathan Kaplan as its vice president for communications and strategic planning.
- Year's Revenue Grows, 4th Qtr. Losses Deepen For VarsityBooks.com. // Educational Marketer;03/06/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p7
Reports on the decline in the revenues of VarsityBooks.com of Washington D.C. for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 1999.
- VarsityBooks.com To Focus More On Marketing, Less On Textbooks. // Educational Marketer;05/08/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 14, p5
Reports on online college bookstore VarsityBooks.com's shift of focus from selling textbooks to marketing services.
- Financial Briefs... // Educational Marketer;11/13/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p8
Deals with the revenues of publisher Varsity Group Inc. for the third quarter ending September 30, 2000.
- Varsity Group Struggles To Stay Afloat; Company Holds Lessons For Online College Retailing. // Educational Marketer;02/05/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p1
Explores whether the business of VarsityBooks.com, an Internet-based retailer of college textbooks under parent company Varsity Group, will survive or fail.
- Varsity Group Sees Q4 And Year-End Sales Climb, Slashes Quarterly Loss. // Educational Marketer;03/19/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p5
Presents information on the financial status of the company Varsity Group in 2000.