Mass. Lawmakers Consider Reconvening To Address Overdue '07 Capital Budget
- Executive Order 13066--Amendment to Executive Order 13037, Commission to study capital budgeting. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;11/3/97, Vol. 33 Issue 44, p1684
Presents the remarks given by the president of the United States on the signing of Executive Order 13066, bill to increase the members of the Commission to Study Capital Budgeting on October 29, 1997.
- Compromise on Education. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;12/8/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33429, p9
The article announces that Governor Jennifer Granholm is expected to sign into law a 385 million dollars capital budget that would fund dozens of educational projects across Michigan.
- Massachusetts' Romney Offers $1.28B for Capital Budget. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;7/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32177, p4
Reports on the proposal of Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney for a $500 million supplemental spending bill to augment the commonwealth's capital needs. Funding of capital needs under the Republican governor's $1.28 billion bond-funded capital program for fiscal 2006; Aim of the bill to tap into...
- Minnesota Lawmakers Deadlocked. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/9/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31901, p1
Reports on the failure of efforts to reach a compromise on a special legislative session for the approval of a capital budget in the state of Minnesota. Rejection of ground rules proposed by the Democratic leadership in the State Senate; Debate on the creation of working groups; Proposal of a...
- Gramm-Rudman, Cont'd. // National Review;8/15/1986, Vol. 38 Issue 15, p16
Focuses on the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling that the Gramm-Rudman-Hollings (GRH) federal budget-cutting bill was constitutionally flawed. Efforts of liberals to express their concern on the need to patch up the constitutionality of GRH; Difficulty facing the Congress in dealing with the...
- Capital Bill Gets OK. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;4/4/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33691, p9
The article reports on the 1.74 billion dollars two-year capital bill signed into law by Ohio Governor John Kasich which is considered as the state's first new capital budget since 2009.
- Capital Program Rework. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;3/26/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33685, p9
The article reports that Pennsylvania Treasurer Rob McCord offered additional changes to enhance the capital budget process in relation to the General Assembly for a legislation to rework the redevelopment assistance capital program.
- Congress Passes 1986 Funds For National Park Service. // National Parks;Mar/Apr86, Vol. 60 Issue 3/4, p42
Announces that the U.S. Congress has passed the Fiscal Year 1986 Department of Interior budget which includes the National Park Service budget. Recommended cuts by the administration; Congress' refusal to go along with the vast majority of the proposed cuts.
- Wisconsin close to signing off on overdue budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/04/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30739, p5
Reports that Wisconsin's legislative leaders were poised to reach an agreement on a $41 billion state budget, three months after the start of a new biennial fiscal period. Spending agreement expected by both leaders of the state Assembly and Senate; Causes of delays in budget negotiations.