Cities Keep Credits Up
- CITY GOVERNMENTAL FORM AND PUBLIC EXPENDITURE LEVELS. Booms, Bernard H. // National Tax Journal;Jun66, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p187
Focuses on the relationships between the form of city government and the level of public expenditures employed by municipalities in the U.S. Problems face by the city government; Effects of urbanization on the government; Important factors in affecting the level of public expenditure per capita.
- Override of Anti-Tax Vote Seen Winning. Lee, Natasha // San Diego Business Journal;3/11/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p1
Reports the approval of the tax limiting propositions by voters in San Diego, California. Increase of general taxes for unspecified use; Participation of various companies in tax increase decisions; Decrease of the credit rating of the city.
- Moody's Drops Palm Beach Port, Sees Rate Covenant Violation. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/27/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33155, p3
The article reports on the move of financial institution Moody's Investors Service Inc. to downgrade the rating of the Port of Palm Beach in Florida from A3 to Baa3. According to Moody's, the lower rating of the port was based on its multi-year revenue deterioration and decline in debt service...
- CALIFORNIA STATE FINANCE AND PROPOSITION 13. Kirlin, John J.; Chapman, Jeffrey I. // National Tax Journal;Jun79 Supplement, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p269
Focuses on the effects of Proposition 13 on the financial activities of the public sector of California. Fiscal interrelationships between the State government and units of local government; Authorized distribution of California state aid to local governments.
- It's the Economy... Villamil, José J. // Caribbean Business;3/6/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p13
The article discusses the results of the research study conducted by credit ratings agencies Moody's Investors Service Inc. and Standard & Poor's (S& P) Corp. over the fiscal issue on bond credit rating towards economic condition of Puerto Rico.
- City's debt rating raised. // Northern Ontario Business;Nov2004, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p21
Reports on the improvement of the credit rating for the city of North Bay in Northern Ontario by Moody's Investors Service. Fiscal framework of the city; Existing budget and capital plan; Reliance on financing to meet infrastructure needs; Debt service costs; Local government policy.
- THE RELATIVE EFFICIENCY AND REVENUE POTENTIAL OF LOCAL USER CHARGES: THE CALIFORNIA CASE. Mercer, Lloyd J.; Morgan, W. Douglas // National Tax Journal;Jun83, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p203
Tax limitation measures and reduced transfers from the federal government to local governments have increased local governments' need to examine their revenue sources. User charges are one area receiving additional scrutiny. This paper reports on a study of user charges for California cities and...
- Achieve Your 30-Day-Money Makeover. SEALS ALLERS, KIMBERLY // Ebony;Dec2012/Jan2014, Vol. 69 Issue 2/3, p103
The article offers a 30-day plan for those interested in controlling their spending habits, improving their credit score, and working their way towards financial independence. It advises them to categorize their expenses so that they can identify which purchases can be reduced, develop a monthly...
- Apportionment Issues. Schadewald, Michael // Journal of State Taxation;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p9
The article focuses on the principles of Uniform Division of Income Tax Purposes Act (UDITPA) Throwback Rule in the U.S. It provides idea on the throwback Rule which mentions the requisition of a taxpayer that delivers goods to a purchaser in a state to assign its sale from which the goods were...