Budget's Pipeline Problems
- Bad break for Badami. Cutler, Debbie // Alaska Business Monthly;Jan1999, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p68
Focuses on the disappointment of investors over the production of the Badami oil field in Alaska owned and operated by BP Exploration Alaska Inc. Projections of investment losses from the oil field; Attempts made by the company to increase the field's production.
- BP hopes to increase production. Pilkington, Steve // Alaska Business Monthly;Aug98, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p8
Looks at the plans of BP Exploration Inc., to increase its output of oil from fields in North Slope fields by 100,000 barrels daily. Number of barrels produced by the company; Objective of the increase; When targets are expected to be met.
- BP Plans Work Force Increase. Pilkington, Steve // Alaska Business Monthly;Aug2000, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p7
Reports on BP Exploration Inc.'s plan to expand its workforce in anticipation of its becoming the single operator of the Prudhoe Bay field in Alaska.
- BP acts following oilfield blast. // Professional Engineering;9/4/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p17
Reports the closure of the oil field of the energy group BP Exploration in Alaska. Explosion of the high pressure well head; Reduction of oil output; Evaluation of the work procedures.
- BP slows advance of Magnus scaling. Beckman, Jeremy // Offshore;Sep97, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p18
Reports that the downhole scaling, which has plagued BP Exploration's Magnus oil field since 1995, may be under control following the introduction of new inhibitors. Features of the inhibitors; Other problematic oil fields in Great Britain.
- Corrosion, leak shut down BP's Prudhoe Bay oil field. // National Petroleum News;Sep2006, Vol. 98 Issue 10, p9
The article reports on the shutdown of the Prudhoe Bay oil field owned by BP Exploration Alaska Inc., one of the largest oil companies in the U.S. on August 6, 2006. The said shutdown which was due to the company's discovery of unexpectedly severe corrosion and a small from a Prudhoe Bay oil...
- $1.5 billion development plan set for BP's Alaskan Beaufort Sea fields. // Offshore;Jun96, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p34
Reports on BP Exploration Inc.'s development plan for its Beaufort Sea oil fields off the coast of Alaska's North Slope. Planned investment of $1.5 billion; Northstar Field leases; Acquisition of Shell and Amerada's interests in the fields in 1995; Estimated recoverable oil in the Northstar Field.
- READY, SET, SEALIFT! BP's Liberty Project gears up. Komancheck, Wendy // Alaska Business Monthly;Apr2009, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p126
The article discusses the Liberty Project by BP Alaska Exploration Inc. in Alaska. It states that the project will be using the Endicott Satellite Drilling Island and is projected to drill into a 100-million-barrel reservoir which is estimated the full development costs to around $1.5 billion....
- Limit state design for Northstar offshore pipeline. Noguera, Andre C.; Paulin, Michael // Offshore;Sep99, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p146
Focuses on the completion of a detailed pipeline design for BP Exploration's Northstar oilfield development in the Alaskan Beaufort Sea undertaken by Intec Engineering. Ice gouging of the seabed; Dealing with offshore permafrost; Limit state design.