Weekly Bond Indexes Decline as Munis Rally Due to Weak Employment Data
- Weekly Indexes Decline as Weak Jobs Growth Prompts Rally. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/9/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32399, p40
The article presents information on the performance of the Bond Buyer Indexes during the second week of June 2006. The Bond Buyer's weekly yield indexes declined during the second week, as very weak May 2006 jobs growth prompted a market rally on June 9, 2006. The municipal market grew...
- Chafee: Right Thing to Pay 38 Studios Debt. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;6/20/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F324, p1
The article focuses on the decision of Lincoln D. Chafee, Governor of Rhode Island, to pay the moral obligation debt the State took on for the failed firm "38 Studios" to improve the image of the state in capital market. Topics discussed include threats to lower the ratings of the bonds by...
- The Estimation of Quality-Adjusted Auction Returns with Varying Transaction Intervals. Taylor, William M. // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Mar1992, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p131
Previous research has separately addressed the problem of estimating risk in the presence of infrequent trading and the problem of estimating quality-adjusted returns in markets with quality variation in the observed price series. This paper simultaneously addresses both problems by applying a...
- House Passes Bill to Keep Cash Coming to N.Y.C. Projects. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;9/12/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31469, p40
Reports the legislation approved by the House Tuesday to keep federal funds flowing to over 100 transportation improvement projects in New York City. Exemption of projects in conformance with federal air quality standards until September 2005; Certification on local projects to meet federal...
- Offshore banking can come home. // ABA Banking Journal;Oct81, Vol. 73 Issue 10, p144
Focuses on the revised Federal Reserve regulation permits for banks to set up offshore-type units in the U.S. Creation of job with steady growth of the Euromarket; Relation of transactions to foreign banking business; Emphasis on cash-management purposes from corporate treasurers.
- Rating changes. Kreps, Matthew // Bond Buyer;03/10/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30846, p26
Presents a chart on rating changes of bonds in United States. Bond issuer and amount; Rate changes; Comments from the rating agency.
- Munis Unchanged, Along With Rate Target. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/17/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33283, p2
The article offers news briefs related to money marketing in the U.S. in 2010. It reports on the unchanged federal funds rate target of the municipal market at the rate ranges from 0% to 0.25% for the 10th consecutive meeting. It notes that M. R. Beal & Co. priced 356.5 million dollars water and...
- Decline in core CPI helps Fed do its job. Patterson, Dean // Bond Buyer;07/17/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30189, p2
Reports on the implications on the United States federal funds rate of the June 1997 consumer price index.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;9/19/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31226, p2
Reports developments related to bond markets in the United States as of September 2001. Increase in consumer price index; Downgrading of the senior impled ratings of America West Airlines Inc and US Airways Inc.; Assignment of Aaa rating to multifamily housing revenues bonds of Texas Department...