XL Capital's Second-Quarter Earnings Up 165% From 2005
- ACE Ltd. Poised To Seize Opportunities From XL Woes. Sclafane, Susanne // National Underwriter / P&C;8/4/2008, Vol. 112 Issue 29, p8
The article reports on the 15 % increase of ACE Ltd.'s net income in the second quarter of 2008 in Bermuda Islands. It states that the increase is due to the financial difficulties confronting XL Capital Inc., ACE's longtime competitor in the insurance market. According to Evan Greenberg,...
- Upbeat XL Capital Reports 1st Quarter Net Income of $89.5 Million. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;5/1/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31377, p6
Reports on the increasing net income for the first quarter of XL Capital Ltd. in Bermuda. Improvement of the financial performance; Enhancement of the market condition; Gross premiums of the company.
- XL Capital Posts Strong 1st Quarter Earnings. Lonkevich, Dan // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;04/05/99, Vol. 103 Issue 14, p39
Highlights the increase in the 1999 first quarter net income of XL Capital Ltd. Factors contributing to the company's transformation and growth; Statistical data of revenues and premiums.
- Bermuda's Record Results Unlikely To Fuel Deep Jan. 1 Cat Re Price Cuts. Sclafane, Susanne // National Underwriter / P&C;11/20/2006, Vol. 110 Issue 44, p12
The article focuses on the financial performance of Bermuda insurance companies as of the third quarter of 2006. It discusses that based on the report of the "National Underwriter," record earnings of Bermuda insurers totaled to more than $7 billion in the first nine-months of the year. It also...
- DATAMONITOR: XL Capital. // XL Capital SWOT Analysis;Dec2009, p1
A company profile of XL Capital Ltd., which is a provider of insurance and reinsurance coverage, and financial products and services, is presented. An overview of the company is given, along with key facts including contact information, number of employees and revenues. A SWOT analysis is...
- XL Hopes Poor Results Will Spur Industry Action. Hilgen, David // Best's Review;Jul2000, Vol. 101 Issue 3, p46
Reports on statements by Robert R. Lusardi, chief financial officer of Bermuda-based reinsurer XL Capital Ltd., on XL's earnings for the first quarter of 2000. Weak first quarter performance of reinsurers; Operating strategies of XL.
- Retailer scorecard. // Kids Today;May2005, p95
The article presents statistical information on the financial performance of some key house furnishing industries. Revenues, net income and returns are given in million. It includes non-sales income of $802 million in the 2005 quarter and $696 million in the 2004 quarter and net credit revenues...
- Joint ventures pay for Australian Unity. Wilkinson, John // Money Management;2/7/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p6
The article focuses on the financial performance of Australian Unity Investments, which reported a 45% leap in funds under management to $6.4 billion for the 12 months ending December 2007 in Australia. Head of the company David Bryant states that the growth was driven by its joint venture...
- PROFESSIONAL AND TECHNICAL SERVICES. // U.S. Industry Quarterly Review: Services - Others;2003 4th Quarter, p167
The article presents a quarterly review of the industrial sector of the U.S. with special reference to professional and technical services. Statistical data of some of the factors that were provided includes revenue and price, input costs and gross operating profit. The article also presents a...