Jobless Claims Up 7,000 to 319,000
- Jobless Claim Data To Be Released Today. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;12/28/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31293, p2
Reports on the announcement made by the U.S. Department of Labor on the release of the initial jobless claims for the week ended December 22, 2001.
- Jobless Claims Rise 17,000 To 551,000 in Week. Temple-West, Patrick // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/2/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 37, p12
The article offers information on the content of the report made by the U.S. Department of Labor, which states that initial jobless claims increased by 17,000 or 551,000 in the week ending September 26, 2009. It mentions that continuing claims have declined by 70,000 to 6.09 million for the week...
- Jobless Claims Dip 12,000 To 646,000 in Mar. 14 Week. // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/20/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 12, p12
The article reports on the unemployment condition as of March 14, 2009 in the U.S. According to the Department of Labor, claims for state unemployment has dropped by 12,000 resulting to 646,000 jobless claims after adjustments were made. The Department stressed that their report was direct in...
- Jobless Claims Drop 10,000 to 329,000. Smith, Nicole M. // Bond Buyer;1/5/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32542, p2
The article reports on an increase in applications for unemployment benefits in Washington in the week ending December 30, 2006. According to data released by the U.S. Department of Labor, the number of applications for the above-mentioned period increased to 329,000, which was above the 315,000...
- Announcement Regarding a Change in Eligibility for Unemployment Insurance (UI) Claimants in New York in the Emergency Unemployment Compensation 2008 (EUC08) Program and the Federal-State Extended Benefits (EB) Program. Oates, Jane // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;10/1/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 190, p59986
The article offers information on a notice regarding an announcement made by the U.S. Department of Labor related the changes in the eligibility requirement of the Emergency Unemployment Compensation 2008 (EUC08) Program and the Federal-State Extended Benefits (EB) Program for unemployment...
- Jobless Claims Up 15,000 To 627,000 in June 20 Week. // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/26/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 25, p12
The article presents the data released by the Labor Department stating that the unemployment insurance claims increased to 627,000 from 15,000 in the U.S. as of June 20, 2009. The department has received various reports on additional layoffs in various states particularly in the education...
- Jobless Claims Down 6,000 to 310,000. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;7/1/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32166, p2
Reports on the decline in first-time applications for state unemployment in the U.S.
- Initial Jobless Claims Off 9,000 to 336,000 in Week Ended Nov. 2. // Bond Buyer;11/8/2013, Vol. 122 Issue F344, p1
The article presents a report from the U.S. Department of Labor, according to which, the initial claims for the U.S. state unemployment dropped 9,000 to 336,000 in the week ended November 2, 2013. It mentions that the number of federal workers filing for unemployment insurance continues to fall...
- Jobless claims creep back above 400,000. Needham, vicki // Hill;2/18/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p11
The article reports on the rise in the jobless claims by 25,000 to 410,000 in the year 2010 in the U.S.