- Off to a Good Start. Lutes, Chris // Campus Life;Sep99, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p4
Relates conversation with a high school student in Denver, Colorado related to an organized prayer group. Facts about the Revival Generation ministry; Publication of the booklet `How to Start a Prayer Ministry in Your Campus'; Reasons for praying.
- The alienation of Americans from their public schools. Fuller, Ned // Brigham Young University Education & Law Journal;1994, Issue 1, p87
Analyzes the US Supreme Court's attempts at resolving the balance of maintaining an effective public school system that neither alienates nor isolates on religious group over another. Application of the Establishment Clause to help accomplish the purposes of public schools; Failure of the court...
- Religion in our public schools: Has the Supreme Court's treatment of religion made government... Waldron, Paul // Brigham Young University Education & Law Journal;Spring96, Issue 1, p96
Investigates the treatment of religion in public schools in the United States. Various definitions of religion and secular; Surveys of US Supreme Court cases showing the treatment and definition of religion; Contention that the government should no longer be actively engaged in educational...
- Why the taint to religion?: The interplay of chance and... Stith, Richard // Brigham Young University Law Review;1993, Vol. 1993 Issue 2, p467
Gives a profound and careful analysis of the treatment of religion in the American society. Speculation that there is a taint to religious values, symbols, and organizations whenever they appear in public; Controversy surrounding the teaching of religion in American schools; Skepticism used to...
- Bible studies on school time, but not on school grounds. Spaid, Elizabeth Levit // Christian Science Monitor;12/3/96, Vol. 89 Issue 6, p1
Focuses on a program which provides an example of how religion and public education co-exist in Georgia. Debate over prayer in classrooms; Information on efforts to encourage religion in schools; Efforts of the House Republicans for a constitutional amendment.
- Public school created for Protestant sect assailed. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;9/21/94, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p5
Reports on criticisms on the establishment of a public school in Minnesota exclusively for members of a Christian denomination. Beliefs of the members of the Plymouth Brethren; Setting up of the school as an unconstitutional government establishment of religion; Ban on religious symbols.
- Teaching About Religion in Public Schools. Doerr, Edd // Humanist;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p42
No abstract available.
- God's country. Zingarelli, Mark // Mother Jones;Mar/Apr94, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p50
Narrates the author's efforts in fighting the fundamentalists' stronghold in the public schools in Stanwood, Washington. Preaching of creationism in the schools; Attendance of prominent town council and school board members in Camano Chapel; Author's involvement with the Coalition for Open...
- The right fight. Galst, Liz // Mother Jones;Mar/Apr94, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p58
Discusses the religious right groups' strategy of spreading their views through schools and suggests ways of counteracting their campaign. Citizens for Excellence in Education's influence in school boards; Religious rightists' emphasis on sex/AIDS education and homosexuality issues; Suggestions...