Centrifugal Separator Provides Cure for Hospital's Dirty Cooling Towers
- AUÅ INTUVO AERODINAMIKOS KANALINIS MODELIS. Pušnov, Aleksandr // Energetika;2011, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p60
No abstract available.
- Air-Intake Filters Help Hospital Keep Airborne Debris From Cooling Towers. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Apr2005, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p52
Focuses on the use of air-intake filters in keeping airborne debris from cooling towers of hospitals in Louisville, Kentucky. Effects of the debris that entered the cooling towers; Company contacted by Gilbert Fister, properties manager of Baptist Hospital East, to prevent debris from entering...
- Health care facility adopts plastic cooling towers. // Snips;Nov2007, Vol. 76 Issue 11, p29
This article focuses on the effort of the Dosher Memorial Hospital in Southport, North Carolina to replace its galvanized metal cooling towers with plastic cooling towers from Delta Cooling Towers Inc. The towers are essential to the operation of the facility's HVAC system. The plastic towers...
- Method of numerical simulation of a centrifugal separator for cleaning petroleum products. Vatin, Nikolai; Darya, Nemova; Kharkov, Nikita // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 680, p354
The method of numerical simulation of the centrifugal separator is presented. The separator carries out alternative way of mechanical cleaning petroleum products from inclusions of water and sludge. Questions of the boundary conditions, creation of a settlement mesh and a method of calculation...
- A Healthy Outlook for Integrated Power. Cordova, C.J. // American Gas;Mar2001, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p15
Reports on the growing number of hospitals in the United States that are using integrated natural gas-electric cooling systems to save on energy costs. Advantages of using integrated power systems; Savings realized by Philadelphia, Pennsylvania's Children's Hospital with the installation of...
- Getting pumped up. // Refrigeration Service & Contracting;Nov96, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p42
Presents an overview of the principles of a centrifugal pump. Use of centrifugal force to impart velocity to a liquid; Impellers; Suction piping and suction lift. INSET: Materials used in pump construction..
- HVAC pumps. // American School & University;Jul93, Vol. 65 Issue 11, p48
Features the stainless steel HVAC pumps from Taco. VM line of six vertical multistage centrifugal pumps for applications requiring low to medium flow and high head performance; Boiler feed; Jockey pumps for fire protection; Cooling towers; Condensate return; Flow range of two to 400 gallons per...
- Pumps for dewatering and backfilling. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Jun94, Vol. 195 Issue 6, p16II
Features positive-displacement pumps. Classes of positive-displacement pumps; Dewatering at Houillares du Basin de Lorraine in France; Dampeners, automatic filter feeding; Valve considerations and pinch valves.
- How Centrifugal Pumps Lift Water. Pelikan, Bob // National Driller;Jul2010, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p12
The article focuses on how centrifugal pumps lift water in the U.S.