- Navigation key to hospital robot. // Machine Design;8/08/96, Vol. 68 Issue 14, p18
Focuses on HelpMate Robotics Inc.'s HelpMate autonomous courier robot. Ability to carry 100 pounds of medications, lab samples or medical records; Comparison with other robotic delivery systems; Navigation systems; Supervisory controller.
- UNSUNG AUTOMOTIVE HEROES. Stahl, Michael // Wheels;Dec2002, p120
Presents information on the Zamboni ice-resurfacing machine. Background on the development of the machine by Frank Zamboni; Cost of the machine; Details of the function of the Zamboni on ice skating rinks.
- Pyxis completes $13 million deal for HelpMate Robotics. // Fairfield County Business Journal;01/10/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p6
Reports on San Diego, California-based Pyxis Corp.'s acquisition of assets and liabilities from Danbury-based Helpmate Robotics Inc. in a cash transaction valued at $13 million. Helpmate's sales for 1999; Pyxis' introduction of a newly designed Helpmate system in January 2000; Establishment of...
- Baltimore hospital cashes in its `Chip' for big savings. Prichard, Ralph // Health Facilities Management;Apr96, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p21
Reports on Baltimore, Maryland-based Franklin Square Hospital's decision to rent HelpMate Robotics' HelpMate robot to perform supplies delivery tasks. Results of the robot pilot program; Advantages of using a robot; Programming of the robot.
- Smooth Operator. Rushin, Steve // Sports Illustrated;11/28/2005, Vol. 103 Issue 21, p21
This article looks at the history of the Zamboni ice resurfacing machine and its inventor, Frank J. Zamboni. Zamboni made the first machine in 1949 to resurface the ice in the Paramount Iceland in Los Angeles. Zamboni's rink and his company is still going strong today making about 100 machines...
- 'Tipsy' Teetotalers, Big Spenders, and Cool Rides. Cary, Alice // Biography;Apr2003, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p24
Answers a variety of readers' questions about celebrities. Dean Martin's drinking habits; History of Sweet Adeline; Financial troubles of Thomas Jefferson; Invention of the Zamboni ice machine by Frank Zamboni.
- Robo-navvy. // Professional Engineering;5/29/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p54
Focuses on the use of robots in engineering works in Northumberland, England. Decrease on the cost of labor; Improvement of the engineering works; Increase on the speed of completion per hour.
- US engineers unveil transformer-style robotic chimp. // Engineer (Online Edition);3/13/2013, p6
The article focuses on CHIMP, a robot capable of tackling rough terrain, which was developed by engineers at Carnegie Mellon University's National Robotics Engineering Center.
- A David and Goliath story at the FIRST ROBOTICS COMPETITION. Beley, Gene // Robot;May/Jun2015, Issue 52, p40
The article focuses on the First Robotics Competition participated by different robotics teams such as the Jim Elliot Christian High School and the Raptor Force Engineering Robotics Team.