A Common Picture is Worth More than Words
- Something Funny Is Happening on the Way to Knowledge Management. Duffy, Jan // Information Management Journal;Oct2000, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p64
Discusses the aspects of records and information management (RIM) and knowledge management (KM) in 2000. Complexity of KM; Tasks to which RIM provides formal mechanisms; How KM supports efforts to capitalize on all assets.
- Tragedies, Controversies, and Opportunities: Redefining RIM's Role in a Turbulent Time. Dearstyne, Bruce W. // Information Management Journal;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p37
Focuses on the importance of records and information management (RIM) on the operation and progress of organizations and institutions in the U.S. Criticism of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks as a knowledge management failure; Ways in which progressive companies share information with...
- Finding out what knowledge management is -- and isn't. Boomer, James // Accounting Today;8/9/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p22
Focuses on the concept of knowledge management. Definition of the term; Key building blocks incorporated by a knowledge management system such as document management and employee skills database; Benefits from the system.
- Solutions for a changing worId. // KM World;Jan2009, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p6
The article discusses the reasons of being optimistic about knowledge management (KM) industry despite the recent economic difficulties. Many functions it supports will continue to be needed more than ever. Compliance requirements are not going to disappear, and KM provides solutions for...
- 1999 Index of Articles. // Information Management Journal;Jan2000, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p42
Presents abstracts of several articles on information management. Articles on digital technologies; Articles about electronic records management; Articles discussing knowledge management.
- A safety net for insurers. Britt, Phil // KM World;Oct2007, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p14
The article discusses the knowledge management among insurance companies in the U.S. Insurance companies are cited to have relied on knowledge management to determine risk, price policies, control costs and improve customer service. An executive also said that companies are counting on knowledge...
- THE MANAGEMENT OF THE RECORDS OF THE FORMER EAST AFRICAN COMMUNITY. MBWILO, FARAJA; MNJAMA, NATHAN // Mousaion;2012, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p216
This study discusses the management of the former East African Community (EAC) archives held at the Arusha Records Center (ARC) in Tanzania. The study investigates how the records of the former EAC are currently being managed and proposes strategies for their future management to facilitate...
- Drowning in data, thirsting for knowledge. Prince-Wright, Russell // Knowledge Management;Dec2001/Jan2002, p16
Focuses on the use of knowledge management solutions by government organizations to improve the disposition of information being harvested and shared by governments. Offering users more intelligent assistance in finding the precise knowledge they need exactly and when they need it.
- Knowledge Management: What Every Information Professional Should Know. Duffy, Jan // Information Management Journal;Jul2000, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p10
Deals with the matters that information management professionals should know. How to maximize the potential of organizational knowledge; Use of knowledge management in business competition; Difference between knowledge and information.